• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another one bites the dust

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one bites the dust

. Dam Chinese parts!

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    . Dam Chinese parts!
    Saving the planet. Must be GREEN lubricant.

Comment

I think we've got this one all wrong.
      Just need to put a positive spin on this image. (no pun intended)
      You see, what they have done here is sacrificed one turbine to create a smudge to keep the insects awayy from the remaining turbines, to keep the birds and bats from coming to eat the smashed bugs, to keep the eagles etc from coming to eat the dead birds. To keep the actual environmentalists from coming to complain about the dead eagles...
      It's good to see the wind turbine companies finally taking the initiative And acting responsibly.
      Especially since Regulators certainly aren't doing the job

They kill so many birds and bats that the US government has had to give them special exemption from all environmental rules and regulations about bird and bat deaths

Comment

I don't understand why these wind turbines have to be so big. Look at other countries that have has wind mills for centuries even in Canada lots of farms had windmills to supply at least some of their power.

You would think in this day of micro chips and electronics there could be a cheap little windmill that would run your farm or house under normal circumstances and then have a backup for high demand. Either generator or line.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
          I don't understand why these wind turbines have to be so big. Look at other countries that have has wind mills for centuries even in Canada lots of farms had windmills to supply at least some of their power.

You would think in this day of micro chips and electronics there could be a cheap little windmill that would run your farm or house under normal circumstances and then have a backup for high demand. Either generator or line.
          The wind resource is much stronger and more consistent higher off the ground, so windmills are taller to access that.

My off grid neighbor tried the smaller windmill route. Most of the time there isn't enough wind to even turn it, and when the wind does blow, it usually locks itself out due to too much wind. Complete waste of money in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
            I don't understand why these wind turbines have to be so big.
            We need to make them as big and ugly and as expensive as possible. Otherwise there will be no green jobs repairing these things.

And all simple solutions are to be ignored.

https://www.lomanco.com/vents/whirlybirds

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I think we've got this one all wrong.
              Just need to put a positive spin on this image. (no pun intended)
              You see, what they have done here is sacrificed one turbine to create a smudge to keep the insects awayy from the remaining turbines, to keep the birds and bats from coming to eat the smashed bugs, to keep the eagles etc from coming to eat the dead birds. To keep the actual environmentalists from coming to complain about the dead eagles...
              It's good to see the wind turbine companies finally taking the initiative And acting responsibly.
              Especially since Regulators certainly aren't doing the job
              The one problem with my theory is that there appears to be snow on the ground and the spectators are wearing winter clothes. So the smudge isn't really helping to keep the bugs away at that time of year. Perhaps the planners bought into the global warming theory and assumed that winter and snow were a thing of the past?

Comment

Wind farms like oil fields , both need clean up eventually . Two sides to every story ....
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBsuN0uFfc8

Orphan Wells NW of here are now being dealt with at least . A company has bought up the bankrupt oil leases and now going to start dealing with the orphan Wells that won’t be in use again with the efficiency of the new steam plants in that area .

New oil rail loading facility being built north of town is very big and will be fed by pipelines from the steam plants.
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Mar 15, 2021, 10:37.

Comment

Yes oil loading facilities smell, I am far enough away ,
                  Not my problem. Except 2 or 3 days a year. Smells like lloydminster.
                  In rating the smells , pig sh. The worst , 2 different colonys , 2 wind directions.the nice summer, fall days are ruined by that. Ethanol smell is not terrible , but not pleasant either , lots of winter days of that.
                  Could be worse no pulp mills or feed lots close by.
                  No smell from a windmill.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                    In rating the smells , pig sh. The worst , 2 different colonys , 2 wind directions.the nice summer, fall days are ruined by that. Ethanol smell is not terrible , but not pleasant either , lots of winter days of that.
                    Very true , good / bad sides to everything for sure

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                      Imagine, if only there were a way to transport that oil underground, in some type of tube or long vessel all the way to its destination, that would keep the smell away. Free up some railway tracks and engines for hauling grain etc., eliminate the possibility of derails and runaway trains like Lake Megantic.

Probably never work...

Comment

So when one oil refinery catches fire and burns like the one pictured below in Philadelphia does that indicate that oil is not a "reliable" source of energy?? More flat earth logic? LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	fire-1920x1224.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	770858
                        Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 16, 2021, 08:15.

Comment

It's the only reliable energy compared to windmill why do you think they had it up and going so fast? Man you are a tard.

Comment

That plant creates more energy than all wind power on earth. Just saying.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...