• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$640k and gone?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$640k and gone?

Realtor bugging me since last fall. Called again. $640k per quarter or $130 an ac while I think about it.

Did SK say magic number was $600k?

Absolutely nuts for land this yr. listing last 5 days and gone. Farmers losing their minds over $18 canola.

Realtors phoning the old guys here. $750k/quarter is getting tossed around. No takers yet.

Comment

Not sure but driving around most of sask this week but is there any water anywhere? Just some small few mile stretches with lots snow but places that usually have tones don't have any.

Comment

Winter deals here at $5-5500. One bto had 4 cats pushing. Not sure if a realtor has done a land deal here in ages. Maybe for outsiders or hutterites.
        No run off anywhere.
        Trick is to not run out of money before you run out of time.
        No big panic for my change as long as interest stays low.
        Land ownership isn't like stocks.
        Once you're out, your out. Only a few who let $1000 stuff go hack in the 80s could come back in at $700 later. Interest the bigger factor then.
        Last edited by blackpowder; Mar 14, 2021, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Winter deals here at $5-5500. One bto had 4 cats pushing. Not sure if a realtor has done a land deal here in ages. Maybe for outsiders or hutterites.
          No run off anywhere.
          Once you're out, your out. Only a few who let $1000 stuff go hack in the 80s could come back in at $700 later. Interest the bigger factor then.
          Are you getting any South African coming in at those valuations?

Some buying here on the nice stone free flat easy to farm land.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            No run off anywhere.
            Once you are out, you are out is certainly true.
            Can’t beat this lifestyle in my opinion.
            I suppose one could take his winnings and move to an area where land is cheaper and start over but there is a reason the land is cheaper. Would probably shock some of the people who farm in the expensive zones to have to deal with some of the stuff that is dealt with farming in the lower valued zones.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
              Once you are out, you are out is certainly true.
              Can’t beat this lifestyle in my opinion.
              I suppose one could take his winnings and move to an area where land is cheaper and start over but there is a reason the land is cheaper. Would probably shock some of the people who farm in the expensive zones to have to deal with some of the stuff that is dealt with farming in the lower valued zones.
              👍 Like

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                There's no where to go with money that I trust so might as keep investing in the Farm !
                That is the truth, RISKY as hell, paid for, own it, pass it on...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  That is the truth, RISKY as hell, paid for, own it, pass it on...
                  Agree. Sellers here have no one to pass it on to. More than you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                    Are you getting any South African coming in at those valuations?

Some buying here on the nice stone free flat easy to farm land.
                    Foreigners/investors have never bought here as price always high compared to production i believe.
                    West of here the odd Dutch years ago.

Comment

This numbers are just nuts! Those areas must produce 120 bushel canola year in year out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        This numbers are just nuts! Those areas must produce 120 bushel canola year in year out.
                        Thats the dream at least, reality is something quite different.

This area has been good for canola over the last decade, 55-60 is pretty doable, but we are also on the edge of the dry belt and that could turn to 40 pretty fast like last yr did.

Unless canola is going to be $18 forever.

This might be a consequence of people trying to park money on hard assets while rates are low and inflation still brewing.

Comment

$ 🔥 🥔 House in Toronto just sold for $650k over asking. Report that Vancouver real estate is up 20% in the last month. If real-estate transactions take a month to clear, by the time the vendor gets funds they are out 20% and the buyer is up 20% in equity. Only possible in a world of funny money. How can you sell in such an environment while protecting yourself against the inflation risk?
                          Last edited by biglentil; Mar 14, 2021, 13:03.

Comment

Might have to up my anti.

Ah hell No. lets get stupid also I'm open to any one who wants to sell in our area this BTO is ready to add some acre.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              Might have to up my anti.

Ah hell No. lets get stupid also I'm open to any one who wants to sell in our area this BTO is ready to add some acre.
                              Take a pill

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...