• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auctions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    No more steals that's for sure.
    RBA profits up I'm sure as well.
    Don't they have a commission and buyer fees?

Comment

Coming and going.
      No more on site expenses sale day either.

Comment

I pretty much give up on RB, a trackhoe I was interested in at Feb sale was just sold at Dec sale and relisted, a flatbed truck I was interested in at Feb sale was sold at their Dec sale, a swather I was potentially interested in at the April Saskatoon sale was sold at their December sale, is everything I am interested in junk or not bringing enough money and being resold?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Nostalgia purchase.
          its the green paint fumes
          does something over long term

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
            I pretty much give up on RB, a trackhoe I was interested in at Feb sale was just sold at Dec sale and relisted, a flatbed truck I was interested in at Feb sale was sold at their Dec sale, a swather I was potentially interested in at the April Saskatoon sale was sold at their December sale, is everything I am interested in junk or not bringing enough money and being resold?
            did you challenge them on it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              I don’t doubt that they have their own buyers that buy for resale. A few years back I bought a scr aper that when I look a look had been sold at a consignment sale in Brandon a few months prior.

Comment

Auctions used to be a good buying opportunity if you were at the right sale at the right time and no one else was there to bid you up on what you wanted. Now the $$&$ing internet has screwed that chance because someone will buy something they believe to be a good deal sight unseen and get one hell of a shock to find out what a piece of junk they’ve bought. I never bid unless I thoroughly check out items before the sale- and am shocked how much some things in poor condition sell for. Or like another poster has said maybe the internet is bidding you up???!

Comment

With regard to the timed auction lots with mostly new chinese made stuff like bobcat attachments and work benches,led lights, etc. they usually have hundreds of these items if not thousands. Amazingly they all get sold for nearly the same price. case in point I wanted a bobcat rototiller and there were several for sale all in a row they all sold for virtually the same price, even the one I bid on and got...never thought there would be such a big market for these tillers. and they have a lot at every single yard sale! some might wonder if there is a little buy back going on, not me tho.

also have to remember the fees after the purchase, pst, gst and buyers fee all add up to nearly 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    In my opinion any auction is a great snapshot of what the item is worth that day. I admit I was amazed as to how well the online auctions have gone in covid, in price and in operation. I kinda think that there will be far more of this type after covid. I wouldn't be surprised if RB doesn't have more of a ongoing continuous bid or buy board instead of a big two day auction, especially if they are online only. Why not have a continuous ebay type auction? With the high auction prices being paid, no one is holding a gun to their head to bid, know what the dealers prices are , and its easy to jump in any buy when their is enough of a discount to dealer prices. Yes there are lots of outfits buying lots to resale at future sales and to other buyers. Its called speculation. Used to be done lots with cattle. Win some lose some. I knew a guy long since past away that many didn't like to see at farm sales cause he usually knew the guy having the auction, and wouldn't let things go too cheap. A lot of stuff ended up in his used equipment lot and sold for a healthy profit. As a customer of his , If I was going to bid on something I used to stand beside him when I was bidding because I knew he wouldn't bid against me or any customers. I find the RB results is a great way to find out what things are going for and what one might expect to pay. I do miss the pie and good egg sandwiches and the visiting at the old timey auctions.

Comment

i will miss the endgate parties after

Comment

Originally posted by tmyrfield View Post
                        With regard to the timed auction lots with mostly new chinese made stuff like bobcat attachments and work benches,led lights, etc. they usually have hundreds of these items if not thousands. Amazingly they all get sold for nearly the same price. case in point I wanted a bobcat rototiller and there were several for sale all in a row they all sold for virtually the same price, even the one I bid on and got...never thought there would be such a big market for these tillers. and they have a lot at every single yard sale! some might wonder if there is a little buy back going on, not me tho.

also have to remember the fees after the purchase, pst, gst and buyers fee all add up to nearly 20%.
                        that must be a big scam they have going on those new small line items. Your right, they always sell at the same price, blades, buckets, hot water pressure washers, etc at all the auctions, never see a steal of a deal on one. they are basically a dealer on those items and if they dont get their min bid, they "buy" it back and move on to the next sale. Uncle Weiners sells the same crap, and cheaper price.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          No I didn't, I am small potatoes to an outfit like that.

Comment

Farm auctions sure ain’t what they used to be. All the neighbours congregating, chewing the rag, getting into the crock. Neighbour ladies show up after with roasters of food and there’s a shindig. Now no one knows who the BTO’s are farming all around, they are changing every year or two. Who you bidding against at the auction - who the h knows but for sure you are not coming home with a pail of oily hammers.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Wait til you hear ...."there is no such thing as a drought"
                              Come on down to the South West corner where we live. I am 52 in one month , and I have seen drought in 88,89,90, 91 , 2001 . The last few years have been a 25 bu/acre crop at best around here, however a lot of machinery and land doesn't get paid for with that kind of yield. Got a bit of experience with drought, and I am not bragging. Ill trade some of you for your "moisture problems" any time.

Learning to do without is a part of life down here. Drought will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                                Come on down to the South West corner where we live. I am 52 in one month , and I have seen drought in 88,89,90, 91 , 2001 . The last few years have been a 25 bu/acre crop at best around here, however a lot of machinery and land doesn't get paid for with that kind of yield. Got a bit of experience with drought, and I am not bragging. Ill trade some of you for your "moisture problems" any time.

Learning to do without is a part of life down here. Drought will do that.
                                It’s tough sledding no matter where you are. We can get both ends of the spectrum up here. With cows I’ll take a little extra moisture anytime. Especially after we’re getting setup to deal with mud....... duals on the sprayer and combine, floaters on trucks, lifters on the swather, bigger grain dryer, and a winch truck.

Looks to be a dryer spring up here but no sense in worrying.............. ain’t gonna help one bit. Sunny out so I’ll enjoy it😎

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...