• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auctions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auctions

Got RB and Fraser mags in mail with lots of nice stuff both new and used. Are some of these guys picking the right year to say enough is enough time for full time RnR or what. Also get bull mags every day so there's still a few cows in the country. -15 with 10cm of snow

A couple of the farms I know decided it's time to quit. They are relatively young yet and the cash from rent is more than enough for a decent retirement. 65 to 70.

Comment

Cash rents are $120-140/acre for quality land here. Makes you wonder.....

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        A couple of the farms I know decided it's time to quit. They are relatively young yet and the cash from rent is more than enough for a decent retirement. 65 to 70.
        65-70 is only fairly young if you've got great genetics, no habits, and a little luck.

Comment

Bull prices are up over a year ago and calf prices are steady or lower. We are increasing the herd so more bulls are required............. maybe everyone else is too?

A 4440 with wore out rubber sold a couple weeks ago at an auction here and got $36k. That’s more than my folks paid for ours back in ‘79. I guess depreciation doesn’t apply..............?

Money everywhere apparently

Comment

Gave up on auctions years ago.
            Internet factor.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Internet factor.
              I gave up when people were paying more than at dealers...no warranty...and no one factoring in depreciation. ....crazy prices...

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                A 4440 with wore out rubber sold a couple weeks ago at an auction here and got $36k.

Money everywhere apparently

Did the seller have a couple suburban acreages bidding on it? Hard to think a rancher/farmer would bid up something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                  Did the seller have a couple suburban acreages bidding on it? Hard to think a rancher/farmer would bid up something like that?
                  Timed auction by a little outfit. Not sure who bought it but my brother was looking at it possibly as a replacement for his FIL’s old IH. Not at that money though.......

Comment

Nostalgia purchase.

Comment

Some most likely went broke. There, I said it. Seems everyone is in denial that there are issues in conventional farming. The idea that there is no way someone could possibly go broke is a strange one to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        Some most likely went broke. There, I said it. Seems everyone is in denial that there are issues in conventional farming. The idea that there is no way someone could possibly go broke is a strange one to me.
                        Wait til you hear ...."there is no such thing as a drought"

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Internet factor.
                          Legalized robbery. Not bidding against other buyers anymore. Bidding against yourself and the auction company. Is there such a thing anymore as an old-fashioned auction without invisible "internet" bidders?

Comment

Originally posted by HITTG****vine View Post
                            Legalized robbery. Not bidding against other buyers anymore. Bidding against yourself and the auction company. Is there such a thing anymore as an old-fashioned auction without invisible "internet" bidders?
                            Everybody on-site gets too emotionally invested in other people's shit. As an internet bidder, I go look at the item beforehand, set my max bid in my head then and there and go home. Also people onsite figure they can steal the equipment for next to nothing when no one is there. Internet keeps them honest.

Comment

No more steals that's for sure.
                              RBA profits up I'm sure as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...