• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertising on Agriville

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advertising on Agriville

Think it is getting worse? Comments covered by repetitive (sometimes 6) bands of same advertising. Really? Think it is effective? Annoying yes.

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Think it is getting worse? Comments covered by repetitive (sometimes 6) bands of same advertising. Really? Think it is effective? Annoying yes.
    I am glad to see someone else feels this way. Annoying when the advertising follows you up the page covering comments!

Comment

Only time I see ads is the beginning of a video, and one small ad at the top of the page, otherwise no idea what you guys are talking about. Always use the mobile site if that is different. Not an issue at all.

Comment

I’m also usually on the mobile site and have no trouble with ads. They stay at the top of the page.

Still trying to figure out the rhyme or reason why all of a sudden a thread will go super large font and not fit on my screen though. Sometimes refresh helps, sometimes it doesn’t.

Comment

I am using Duck Duck Go for a browser. Otherwise if using chrome etc agriville is unreadable!!!

Comment

After fighting with hp and bill gates not to update my computer I broke down and switched to Linux Mint. No adds,No cookies,Less censorship. Computer boots up in 7 seconds and shuts down in 3 seconds . Added benefits are better graphics ,eas of loading new programs and faster internet. Would never go back to Windows.

Comment

I use chrome with a adblocker, no ads.

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                After fighting with hp and bill gates not to update my computer I broke down and switched to Linux Mint. No adds,No cookies,Less censorship. Computer boots up in 7 seconds and shuts down in 3 seconds . Added benefits are better graphics ,eas of loading new programs and faster internet. Would never go back to Windows.
                That’s interesting, I will look into that, agree on the forced updates. What do you use for word processor and spreadsheet programs now (instead of MS Word and Excel).

Comment

My son only uses Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                    That’s interesting, I will look into that, agree on the forced updates. What do you use for word processor and spreadsheet programs now (instead of MS Word and Excel).
                    Libre office ,it's preloaded on Linux Mint.

Comment

Linux. Thinking about it. Win 10 is going to wear out my HDD prematurely. Unbelievable...
                      Soon you'll need a full blown gaming tower just to run the OS

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...