• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers in Canada will get no Credit for what they did to help the climate up to 2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Chuck if you just posted Agriville would die a quick death.

You are the reason we have lost so many over the years with your jealous of every one comments.
    Actually it's the circle jerk club troll turning people off big time

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
      I just read the nfu links.

Bit confused is this your peak national farm body ?

You can or can’t vote them off if your not happy?

Or are there other more farmer friendly organisations?

Seems a bit of a shemozzle almost anti farming but hey that my first impression will reread.

A NFU group like the one mentioned wouldn’t stand a snowflakes chance in hell here.

Stirring shit apologies but you guys voted them in tough titties if you vote guys with such policies or are they a rebel group or a group largely ignored?

Most Aussie farm group peak bodies and farmers United whereas yours seems splintered.

I know many of you think Aussies are **** and pillage climate change rednecks so be it. But well will conform eventually and sadly way it is, and carbon tax is political suicide
      Mallee, Agriville doesn't represent the range of views from farmers across Canada any more than you represent the range of views across Australia.

There are many posters on Agriville with views that wouldn't be welcome in many of the Conservative political parties across Canada.

The reality is unless you are a member of the libertarian/ right wing separatist clique on Agrisilly, your views are not welcome.

You gotta laugh when so many farmers with successful farms and deep pockets who regularly post on Agrisilly how bad it is to live and farm in Canada. That should be a clue.

Yeah farming's tough, but the majority of farmers and farms I know personally and in my community are doing quite well and are happy to be farming.

The extreme negativity on Agrisilly is not representative of average farmers. It seems most of the extreme negativity is politically driven or personally driven.

Only the naive and those who live in a bubble thinks everyone should agree with their world or political views

Comment

chuck how many farmers actually support the NFU?

Simple question. I'm guessing less than 1%. Your like the NDP in Rural Sask. Long gone but never forgotten.

More support my view than yours that's a fact Jack.

Comment

Speaking of whiny and very negative well off farmers.

SF3, the question is not how many farmers belong to any particular organization. If you want to do a numbers game that fine. Most farmers choose not to belong to any organization.

But if you take all the farmers from BC to the Maritimes there is a very wide group of commodities. Do they all have the same interests and concerns? Nope.

Quebec farmers have one of the largest organizations in the country and its called a union. Do you even know any farmers from Quebec? They tend to skew to the left in their views compared to western Canadian farmers. They get a higher level of Provincial support and subsidies.

In fact all across Canada there are the supply managed farmers who have a state controlled marketing board system and import tarrifs. They obviously support compulsory marketing boards. Even in right of centre Alberta. The Conservatives under Erin O'toole support supply management boards as well. Are they left or right wing farmers? Compulsory marketing boards are not right wing ideas are they?

So it seems as if all Canadian farmers don't all share your particular right wing point of view.

And guaranteed most farmers don't participate or share the same views as often expressed on Agrisilly.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Speaking of whiny and very negative well off farmers.

SF3, the question is not how many farmers belong to any particular organization. If you want to do a numbers game that fine. Most farmers choose not to belong to any organization.

But if you take all the farmers from BC to the Maritimes there is a very wide group of commodities. Do they all have the same interests and concerns? Nope.

Quebec farmers have one of the largest organizations in the country and its called a union. Do you even know any farmers from Quebec? They tend to skew to the left in their views compared to western Canadian farmers. They get a higher level of Provincial support and subsidies.

In fact all across Canada there are the supply managed farmers who have a state controlled marketing board system and import tarrifs. They obviously support compulsory marketing boards. Even in right of centre Alberta. The Conservatives under Erin O'toole support supply management boards as well. Are they left or right wing farmers? Compulsory marketing boards are not right wing ideas are they?

So it seems as if all Canadian farmers don't all share your particular right wing point of view.

And guaranteed most farmers don't participate or share the same views as often expressed on Agrisilly.

Its important to remember once you are on a board or farm group , a farmer represents that organization . The farmer hat gets taken off..

Farmers with no affiliation are not asked and are not represented...

Farmers gave the farm groups two important issues at their AGMs to represent them on...

Sales reporting and Carbon sequestering....are they doing anything??????

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
              I just read the nfu links.

Bit confused is this your peak national farm body ?

You can or can’t vote them off if your not happy?

Or are there other more farmer friendly organisations?

Seems a bit of a shemozzle almost anti farming but hey that my first impression will reread.

A NFU group like the one mentioned wouldn’t stand a snowflakes chance in hell here.
              Snowflake seems like an apt metaphor for most of the NFU.
              They all seem to be anti-farming, anti-industry, anti-capitalists.
              You can read their website, or just read what Chuck and friends post, it originates in the same place.

What is less clear is if they have any credibility within political circles outside of the NDP who they are an offshoot of.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Snowflake seems like an apt metaphor for most of the NFU.
                They all seem to be anti-farming, anti-industry, anti-capitalists.
                You can read their website, or just read what Chuck and friends post, it originates in the same place.

What is less clear is if they have any credibility within political circles outside of the NDP who they are an offshoot of.
                Don’t follow Voldemort on here sorry.

Or am I missing something should I re-engage with CC

Anyway better wander outside freezing here today 16c gosh summers just finished now mid winter weather

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...