• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skidooing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skidooing

It took literally one day to go from skidoo weather to basically being able to drive a side by side. Sloughs I disced are black and basically moisture-less. I wish I could share the same enthusiasm as the big operators on Twitter posting pics of their big new outfits saying they are excited for spring. I don't say this often but I hope we get a massive storm with 3 feet of wet snow.

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
    It took literally one day to go from skidoo weather to basically being able to drive a side by side. Sloughs I disced are black and basically moisture-less. I wish I could share the same enthusiasm as the big operators on Twitter posting pics of their big new outfits saying they are excited for spring. I don't say this often but I hope we get a massive storm with 3 feet of wet snow.
    Interesting comment....I would go with a drought...be interesting to see how stable the big boys are and see how long my bitching looks like a whisper....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Interesting comment....I would go with a drought...be interesting to see how stable the big boys are and see how long my bitching looks like a whisper....
      True.....it would likely lead to a quick thinning of the herd.

Comment

At least 2 more weeks of sledding here, very little stubble showing yet.

Comment

3 feet of wet snow i won't be seeding, again. Keep your liquid poison, dugout been full for five years, it's full now and runoff hasn't started.

Comment

Losing 3 weeks of spring is huge, 3 feet of snow sort of 3 inches of water, half runs off, quarter needs to dry up, one good timely rain worth 100 times as much.

Comment

Same here Makar
              3 feet of snow would be a huge setback that will do nothing more than cause a huge flood with all the water running off.
              I just dread the thoughts of that!

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                3 feet of wet snow i won't be seeding, again. Keep your liquid poison, dugout been full for five years, it's full now and runoff hasn't started.
                We’re coming off 4 dry years so will take any amount of moisture in any form. But I also can see how excess moisture is a curse. It’s a good thing we have NO control.

Comment

Jeez nobody happy!

Comment

Well looks like we will get 5 cm out of the 3 feet I wished for, only 86cm more needed. We were forcasted to receive 15cm but that has changed, hopefully not a foreshadowing of how summer rain forecasts will go.

Comment

Deck still dry this morning but it is very overcast.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...