• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does old money exist in farming?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are so lucky to live here. My paternal grandfather has a similar history but somehow ended up in the German army as a teenager, escaped and blew outta there. He didn’t really like any other nationalities his whole life here.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Please share any more stories you have of your family history.
      I sure i said this before but when we left in August 1939 dad was 9, when he got off the train in brest, a whole 15 miles away he saw people driving cars, he had never seen one before. Hard to imagine now the state of poverty and backwardness that existed a generation ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        We are so lucky to live here. My paternal grandfather has a similar history but somehow ended up in the German army as a teenager, escaped and blew outta there. He didn’t really like any other nationalities his whole life here.
        This happened to a neighbor, both old and new world, was a teen when German army shoved a gun in his face and said come with us. So here was a 16 year old ukrainian in a German uniform invading Russia.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...