• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like button

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    That's exactly why the poster started the thread. Polarization

The "Like" button keeps the herd intact and provides encouragement. There's an evident pattern amongst a group of posters you can count on to "Like" a post simply based on the who the poster is, no matter what the content.
    No. I started the thread because I am not fond of making the mistake due to its position, of agreeing with something I don’t agree with. I guess you think that’s polarizing?

Comment

No Forage, I think I have liked a few of your posts. 👍

Comment

I probably abuse the like button more than necessary.
        But for the most part I consider the most important use to be Acknowledging the value of comments by posters Who I normally disagree with.
        If it is someone I normally find myself on the same side as, I consider the like to be implied, so often don't bother.

But, when Chuck, DML, Forage, tweety etc. say something really profound, I always make a specific point of swallowing my pride and Liking the post.
        I note that the favour is rarely if ever reciprocated, but perhaps that only indicates that I've never said anything profound?

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
          Even though I never like being bothered by a land man, I'll give them a few minutes of my time before I'll ask them for a thousand bucks, if they want to continue in negotiations!
          I'm guessing they have never coughed up the money just to talk or have they?

We had a well go in that I didnt really want but 3 neighbours really didnt want it and caused quite a stink and went to arbitration over about a year. They kept wanting me to sign this or that and was never ending so I told him dont come unless you are bringing supper for the family. Ate lots of pizza that winter! He did also give me $250 for bothering me another time.

Comment

I did have an exclamation point after that comment.

Common practice in this area is $500.00. They don't balk at that. Everyone else is being paid for their time in the process. There is no reason as a landowner that an hour of your time shouldn't be compensated for something you weren't asking to be involved in.

In one case with a landman, we received $1500. We only did that because, as a perfect comparison with Lying Ted Cruz: Why do Texans have an automatic dislike for Senator Cruz? Answer: It saves time. We didn't like one thing the landman was saying in his first free minutes of our time. Hence, if you want to continue, ... it was paid.

Normally, we don't ask anything for time if the Company is asking for a lease on our property. Thus the reason for the first few free minutes to quickly find out what is their plan. If all they are after is a flowline that has no annual rents, then they had better be as creative as we can be.

Never been to arbitration in twenty years, and two hundred signings. If only Agriville farmers would give a little, to get a little, but mostly it's a fat chance. Sorry, if you find this, "judgmental".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...