• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

-8c in texas ...thats gotta be a marketing topic?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" Average temperatures are creeping up"

Who TF wants them creeping DOWN? You idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      So I take it most of you dispute that December and January temperatures were way above normal across most of the prairies?

That's the thing we know about flat earthers. You can present all kinds of irrefutable evidence that the earth is round and some people will still believe the earth is flat!
      And February broke all kinds of low temperature records dating back many years...what is your point?

Who is the flat earther again?
      Last edited by flea beetle; Feb 20, 2021, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        " Average temperatures are creeping up"

Who TF wants them creeping DOWN? You idiots!
        Creeping up around urban centres maybe - not in the boonies.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          You are getting so close to having an epiphany.
          Can you think of any reason why any region of the globe would be finding themselves unprepared for record cold temperatures, and unseasonable winter conditions?
          Is there any theory that has been widely touted in recent decades that would make everyone complacent that these types of events are not going to occur now or into the future?
          In fact, can you think of any widely held "beliefs" that might have caused most to be preparing for the exact opposite phenomenon?
          Do you think if those who subscribed to this new theory had studied weather history, instead of wasting all of their resources and attention creating and relying on future climate models, they might have thought it prudent to prepare for weather such as this?

At some point, beliefs have to be tested against reality. That just occured for many, too early to know if the lessons will be learned.
          Looks like I was too optimistic. Chuck did not have an epiphany. You can lead a horse to water....

He was so close to putting all the pieces together, then went off on a tangeant in some other direction, and is back to declaring everyone else a flat earther.
          I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Nice try Hamloc, but I have always said wind and solar are intermittent and require backup.
            In my world Chuck2 it makes far more sense to build a nuclear power plant to produce electricity than to put up solar panels backed up by wind turbines backed up by natural gas all to produce the same kwh of electricity, smaller footprint less environmental impact but as you have said I am just another flat earther lol!!! Insults rather than common sense.

Comment

Reading various other marketing forums.

Seems some damage done but not earth shattering mid March would have been a different story.

However there are pockets of serious damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                In my world Chuck2 it makes far more sense to build a nuclear power plant to produce electricity than to put up solar panels backed up by wind turbines backed up by natural gas all to produce the same kwh of electricity, smaller footprint less environmental impact but as you have said I am just another flat earther lol!!! Insults rather than common sense.
                Nuclear is certainly being listed as an option, but the costs of nuclear are significantly higher per MW than renewables and gas and the smaller affordable modular reactors are not ready yet. You can see why utilities are installing significant amounts of wind and solar. But of course they need storage and backup.

Are you willing to declare what the most economic alternatives to fossil fuels in 2030,2040 and 2050 will be? Good luck with that.

Take a look at Lazard's numbers: https://www.lazard.com/perspective/levelized-cost-of-energy-and-levelized-cost-of-storage-2020/ https://www.lazard.com/perspective/levelized-cost-of-energy-and-levelized-cost-of-storage-2020/

Comment

Almost every interesting noteworthy thread gets derailed.........

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    Almost every interesting noteworthy thread gets derailed.........
                    Sometimes I can understand how they get derailed. But this one is a puzzle.
                    Looks like Jazz posted a picture of a helicopter in the wrong thread, possibly by accident. Dml's BS detector went off and it went downhill from there.

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;487955]

Are you willing to declare what the most economic alternatives to fossil fuels in 2030,2040 and 2050 will be? Good luck with that.

Actually the funny thing is this Chuck2 I am not interested in alternatives to fossil fuels! It is the left of centre politicians and climate change worshippers that are lol! And yes in your mind that makes me a flat earther, and I am absolutely fine with that!

Comment

solar irradiance, part of the issue....a look back at solar cycles and cold outbreaks and crop production....

//youtu.be/lfc9WCy7F5o

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          solar irradiance, part of the issue....a look back at solar cycles and cold outbreaks and crop production....

//youtu.be/lfc9WCy7F5o
                          Maybe this current drive to secure grain stocks is in part, a fear of lower productions because of the solar cycle we are entering, and a recognition that despite our advances in genetics and equipment, weather and solar output over ride everything.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                            Maybe this current drive to secure grain stocks is in part, a fear of lower productions because of the solar cycle we are entering, and a recognition that despite our advances in genetics and equipment, weather and solar output over ride everything.
                            That would indicate that someone in positions of authority, either in government or business isn't buying into the global warming hype.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              That would indicate that someone in positions of authority, either in government or business isn't buying into the global warming hype.
                              Well my gawd, I hope there are people in government and the private sector,,, who still believe in science and not always in political rhetoric.

Comment

Furrow u can’t bring the sun into this. It doesn’t create or effect our weather.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...