• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got fossil fuels???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must not be on Twitter Chuck. Almost every tweet is about solar and wind collapsing all across the Northern Hemisphere from unrelenting cold and snow!

Comment

Why not let Saskpower and the AESO decide how many renewables they can safely operate? But perhaps some posters on Agriville think they are smarter than the system operators?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Why not let Saskpower and the AESO decide how many renewables they can safely operate? But perhaps some posters on Agriville think they are smarter than the system operators?
        Let’s not spend tax payer money on these scams. They need to pull there own weight. If there is no money in it at the start, there never will be.

Comment

Chuck, system operators sometimes can't see the forest for the trees.

I think back to the manufacturer who had a problem with empty boxes coming off the end of the assembly line without their product inside, which caused problems for customers. Management paid engineers to find a solution to the problem, but nothing seemed to work consistently. It took a young kid to figure out that a fan sitting on a chair would blow the empty boxes off the line.
          And I know Chuck will say the cause of the problem wasn't addressed, but that may have been a cost analysis decision.
          And no Chuck I'm not comparing anyone on here to a young kid.
          I don't even know if that is a true story but it's an example of vision and treed areas.

Comment

SaskPower clearly admits on its website that solar generation is just a virtue signal exercise.

Costs will need to fall by another 50% or efficiecy double to make this viable anywhere on the prairies and most of Canada will never be economical.

A farm connected system will likely never pay itself back as the equipment will be obsolete before that time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	770788
            Last edited by jazz; Feb 17, 2021, 14:53.

Comment

Another example of fixing something not BROKE.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...