• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent partisan "Fixes"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is my mistakes about comparing Alberta to Sask as far as number of persons; services and area for each governing board. If we were both in an Edmonton area county I would strongly consider entering an election where the electorate pool numbers would at least number in the hundreds. And just for the record I have previously won a municipal by a full 85% decades ago. And with the backing of council can point to savings and progress that repaid meager expenses 10 fold over.

I do however note that my question for you remains unanswered

Would you confirm you would support council members pledging to obey the legislation giving them their powers; and practice open disclosure and fair and equal treatment of everyone who becomes involved with council's public business......without forcing a portion of the electorate to go over council's head?

For your information; any positive response would not positively be received by some of the local colleagues you might run across or seek out. Prove those SARM loveins aren't popular for the all expense trips to Saskatoon and Regina. Take the wife along; run up the mileage with everyone taking their own vehicle and charging $0.85 a click. Don't take any resolutions with you and enjoy the likeminded company.
    And be sure to tell everyone what you learned, accomplished and how it benefited those who funded the "junket" to the big cities.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
      It is my mistakes about comparing Alberta to Sask as far as number of persons; services and area for each governing board. If we were both in an Edmonton area county I would strongly consider entering an election where the electorate pool numbers would at least number in the hundreds. And just for the record I have previously won a municipal by a full 85% decades ago. And with the backing of council can point to savings and progress that repaid meager expenses 10 fold over.

I do however note that my question for you remains unanswered

Would you confirm you would support council members pledging to obey the legislation giving them their powers; and practice open disclosure and fair and equal treatment of everyone who becomes involved with council's public business......without forcing a portion of the electorate to go over council's head?

Uhm without reiterating the entire wordy question, I have said twice I agree with you and what they did was wrong. Take it or leave it I guess.

For your information; any positive response would not positively be received by some of the local colleagues you might run across or seek out. Prove those SARM loveins aren't popular for the all expense trips to Saskatoon and Regina. Take the wife along; run up the mileage with everyone taking their own vehicle and charging $0.85 a click. Don't take any resolutions with you and enjoy the likeminded company.
      And be sure to tell everyone what you learned, accomplished and how it benefited those who funded the "junket" to the big cities.
      There you go again broad brushing every council and councillor. It may shock you but we carpool, don't pay .85 a click and actually get something out of SARM. SARM is virtual this year. Hopefully a trend for the future because I would rather watch either in council chambers or at home. Not sure why going to SARM is an issue. I pay for my own vacations at far nicer destinations. Sometimes multiple times a year. You should try it.

Comment

So just what does anyone dare say about the FACT that a town of maybe 1500 or so; and a Municipality that should have a lot going for it; CAN'T apparently live under the same building roof (designed specifically for separate administrative offices; with only a shared council chamber and coffee room); all within a pretty damned new structure worth well over $1M.

I've reread this resurrected thread and am still amazed at how many blinders are attached to so many who apparently never could understand any matter adjudicated by official bodies performing duties duly constituted by and in accordance with actual legislation.

Remember anarchy, bullying and abuse will not prevail in the longer term. Just a prediction.

Comment

Some readers may someday learn that silence on such serious matters does nothing to solve serious problems. It may only be a symptom of weak appeasement.

Comment

Is it beyond the majority of people to realize that:

When coming to a fork in the road; obviously a choice must be taken if one is to continue.

But having made that choice; is their any desire to wonder what the ending couda/woulda/shouda been had a different option been chosen.

Please take into account that their was at least a third option available; that being to turn around to home base or reassess or retreat even partially to different territory.

Comment

Your own personal thread , cool !
              I was a councillor for 2 terms
              Not much f u c k I n fun
              2 or 3 pricks in every division that thinks the RM is there for them and them only

Comment

Being a councillor is a thankless job for those who give a crap about the position. That said rm politics can be as corrupt as that of a reserve. Nepotism, lack of transparency, foolish spending. The more dollars at play the worse it is.

Comment

Just a note to "self" as a reminder to the prediction made at the very beginning of this thread.

It's possibly much closer to a US grave problem being addressed....and forgive me for feeling that same result may befall instances of similar corruption practices within any Sask rural municipality.

Are there actually Canadian electors who believe that a counciller anywhere should be entitled to a downpayment in excess of $20,000 for a dugout; not yet constructed; and for which ratepayers could never receive any benefit.

At least there is at least some hope; and believe me a petitioned "forensic audit" would yield some starting revelations even if the US supreme court or some pocket pardon is the next gross injustice.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...