• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much cheap food ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HITTG****vine View Post
    Tear down schools and universities? That's a great idea.
    And while were at it, let's burn all the books that don't conform to our worldview as well.
    That worked really well in Nazi Germany.
    Give your head a shake.
    The schools need a reformation, but how will that happen when they are staffed by people who have never had a real job before?

I would say all the humanities and gender studies and all that crap should be tossed but unfortunately in idle societies, more people study them. Its just about the same thing as studying the Koran, Bible or Torah all day long like some cultures do.

In a decade universities as we know them will be obsolete and all moved to online instruction. Entire fields of study are about to be overtaken by technology. University will probably be on par with community college personal interest courses in the future.

Here a university already went bankrupt this year.

https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/laurentian-profs-say-they-are-not-to-blame-for-universitys-financial-crisis-3370160

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      Forage. Deep breath. Relax. We don’t sell mutton.
      Nothing wrong with mutton when its cooked right. But like black pudding or haggis, some like it, some not. Fyi we get real nice black pudding from a Manitoba butcher. My wife won't touch it though, the same as the haggis served up for Robbie Burns night (shame to not have that this year )

Comment

And while were at it, let's burn all the books that don't conform to our worldview as well.
        Give your head a shake.
        They're doing a pretty good job of censoring all forms of media already in case you haven't noticed. The Fascist left is quite busy at it.

So your suggestion is already being implemented, thanks to the Marxist-dominated education system.

And furthermore, the demolition to the unis wasn't my idea.

But it's kinda like Mark Twain said on the passing of one of his antagonists: "I didn't go to his funeral. But I did send a note expressing my approval."

Edit: I fully support productive, higher education and recognize how we have benefited from it.

What I and many others are opposed to the the ideological indoctrination camps that they have become.

And this is what JBP is referring to with his statement.

Edit 11: Where centers of higher learning were once known to lead to higher productivity and improved lifestyles for all, they are now fostering a nihilistic mindset that will result in loss of productivity, less choice, and reduced opportunity for all.

Their overall end result will soon become - if not already happening - has become a negative output, rather than beneficial.

Science ain't what it used to be. Technology is being discouraged. Engineering is politically driven. Medicine is hijacked by PC forces.

And besides, don't you know that our past preoccupation with the STEM fields is clear evidence of colonialism and white privilege?

So ya, burn'em all down...
        Last edited by burnt; Feb 11, 2021, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Forage. Deep breath. Relax. We don’t sell mutton.
          And your culled ewes end up as, or do you leave them on the farm to die of old age?

Sheep, sounds like you really don't know very much about marketing the more you post.

Comment

End of the day hopefully livestock producers and grain producers both don’t get driven over in the mud .
            Livestock producers need grain producers and vice versa , hopefully we don’t let agendas completely drive all of us out of business while we argue amongst ourselves.
            Look I think we all need to stand up and just say “slow down” on the endless barrage of climate activism. It’s important for sure , but they are going to far , it’s getting more obvious every day and we better pay attention.

Political leaders and activists can not be dictating what we do .
            Articles like this are damaging to all of us

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              And your culled ewes end up as, or do you leave them on the farm to die of old age?

Sheep, sounds like you really don't know very much about marketing the more you post.
              We eat our cull ewes. We market our cull ewes as well, so I guess we do sell some “mutton”. But it makes up a very tiny portion of what we do. Forgive me for thinking only about 99.7% of our focus.

Comment

Why would the world starve to death if 100 gms of beans provides 22 grams protein, 63 grams of carbs, polyunsaturated healthy fats while the damage done worldwide to produce beef gives 26 grams per 100 gms4, no carbs, and saturated fat, 5 times the sodium, 31% higher risk of death, 50% more likely to have macular degeneration, 28% more likely to have colon cancer, and you don't have to kill it. Just eat the beans.

Most beef worldwide is produced in feedlots, not picturesque open prairie scenes.

But by all means don't let any of the realities of beef production and nutritional challenges interfere with your delusions of why people are just "misinformed by the plot against farmers" turning more and more to alternative products. Because that is what good managers do, ignore 2 corners of a SWOT analysis.

Plants based protein markets are expected to grow 14% per year and will be over 35 billion by 2024. Already 40% of Canadians consider themselves flexitarians, and that is not going down. The big winner is farmers who grow higher protein ingredients, the loser is animal protein farmers who think all this will "pass". As products become more tasty, affordable, meat substitution partially by plant - 50/50 meats, and don't carry the guilt of animal slaughter, the trend will be only 1 way.

Meat contributes to 8 billion tonnes of CO2 per year, so it is an easy target because there is little to no pushback by the industry. You'll just complain on Agriville and call people uninformed.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                  Why would the world starve to death if 100 gms of beans provides 22 grams protein, 63 grams of carbs, polyunsaturated healthy fats while the damage done worldwide to produce beef gives 26 grams per 100 gms4, no carbs, and saturated fat, 5 times the sodium, 31% higher risk of death, 50% more likely to have macular degeneration, 28% more likely to have colon cancer, and you don't have to kill it. Just eat the beans.

Most beef worldwide is produced in feedlots, not picturesque open prairie scenes.

But by all means don't let any of the realities of beef production and nutritional challenges interfere with your delusions of why people are just "misinformed by the plot against farmers" turning more and more to alternative products. Because that is what good managers do, ignore 2 corners of a SWOT analysis.

Plants based protein markets are expected to grow 14% per year and will be over 35 billion by 2024. Already 40% of Canadians consider themselves flexitarians, and that is not going down. The big winner is farmers who grow higher protein ingredients, the loser is animal protein farmers who think all this will "pass". As products become more tasty, affordable, meat substitution partially by plant - 50/50 meats, and don't carry the guilt of animal slaughter, the trend will be only 1 way.

Meat contributes to 8 billion tonnes of CO2 per year, so it is an easy target because there is little to no pushback by the industry. You'll just complain on Agriville and call people uninformed.
                  Being a livestock producer I see the writing on the wall but at the same time I do not see the supply of beef growing neither outside of feedlots feeding to higher carcass weights. Any drop in consumption is matched by reductions in herd numbers here anyway. Throw out methane emissions and that for a minute, beef will become a luxury item for many. I do take issue with non livestock producers here who have a sanctimonious attitude towards livestock. It’s no better than some livestock producers attitudes towards grain producers. First the radicals will take down livestock and then the grain growers. Then we’ll see how smart you sound.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

You’re a persnickety bitch aren’t you.

Comment

You can have the beans twity and I'll take the steak.

Comment

Give your head a shake.

For example:

Christopher F. Rufo
                        ⚔️
                        @realchrisrufo
                        ·
                        21h
                        SCOOP: A Philadelphia elementary school forced fifth-grade students to celebrate "black communism" and simulate a Black Power rally to "free Angela Davis" from prison.

I've obtained exclusive whistleblower documents and photographs from the school. Here's the story.
                        🧵

Christopher F. Rufo
                        Crossed swords
                        @realchrisrufo
                        Replying to
                        @realchrisrufo
                        Last year, a fifth-grade teacher at the William D. Kelley School designed a social-studies curriculum to celebrate the political radical Angela Davis, praising the "black communist" for her fight against "inequality" and telling students to "define communist" in favorable terms.

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1359948781253402626 https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1359948781253402626

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          You can have the beans twity and I'll take the steak.
                          What kind of beans are we talking about here. We are supposed to eat soybeans? because thats the only beans produced in large enough quantities to feed the population.

Just what we need, more of our woke beta male population chowing down on soy.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            What kind of beans are we talking about here. We are supposed to eat soybeans? because thats the only beans produced in large enough quantities to feed the population.

Just what we need, more of our woke beta male population chowing down on soy.
                            So, are the woke crowd expected to suddenly embrace highly processed GMO beans, "soaked" in roundup, and full of hormones as a more healthy and/or ethical alternative to beef?
                            The marketing departments are going to be having fun selling this after spending decades doing the opposite.
                            But as Chuck and his favorite politicians shows us everyday, Hypocrisy knows no bounds.
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Feb 12, 2021, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post

How dare you take the seeds from a crop and disrupt the natural pathway of a plants life cycle of returning the seeds to the soil to reproduce again? You are in effect, killing the plants. Are plants not a living thing, as are animals?

See how far this can be taken? This is how scary the world is becoming. People are too comfortable with their food supply. I guarantee you if shit really hit the fan, and food really became scarce, that would be the end of all this cumbya bullshit. People would eat what you put in front of them, and quit complaining that you killed Mabel the cow to keep them alive.

And before you get all huffy and say that I am just another cattle farmer that is out of touch with the people...not a cow on the place. But maybe soon, as the whack jobs take over and force everyone to eat dog food, because they think it is a great idea. I will eat beef, thank you very much.

Comment

Me too
                                **** em they can eat whatever kinda shit they want
                                Just fu ck en leave me alone

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...