• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Vehicle

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid Vehicle

I am wondering why hybrid vehicles haven't caught on very well ?
    seems to be the best of both worlds ? or is it a joke like my chev truck that kicks out 4 cylinders , but only down hill with a tail wind
    toyota has a hybrid venza now , thinking for the next one ?
    does it add a lot to price ?

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    seems to be the best of both worlds ? or is it a joke like my chev truck that kicks out 4 cylinders , but only down hill with a tail wind
    A fine technology that would be much improved by now especially if married with Tesla tech. Easily a 30% reduction in emissions would result and all the EV problems eliminated.

Unfortunately humans are better at finding oil so it died.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      They are more money, not much more but the average consumer just doesnt want to pay 15 or 20% more if they dont have to. Most have gone to a plug in style hybrid so you can charge them at home too. I like it, next family vehicle just might be one. Makes way more sense than an EV.

If you mainly highway drive, it defeats the purpose, you need more start and stop type driving. Lots of cabs have gone that way and it's a good idea.

Comment

Many consumers are in love with larger SUVs and pickup trucks. Auto companies market the hell out of them because they make a bigger profit than the more fuel efficient very competitive small mid size car SUV segment.

So lots of people driving gas guzzling larger vehicles that cost a lot more to buy and operate even if they don't need the extra capacity. So many consumers don't seem to mind the extra costs.

Plug in electric hybrids with longer range would be my first choice even if they cost more because the cost of operation will be lower. All electric owners are seeing much lower operating costs that covers alot of their higher upfront costs, but the big question for the Canadian climate is battery capacity.

Norway has a larger number of all electric vehicles. Their winter temperatures are not as extreme as ours except in the far north but they do have lots of winter. There are several areas in Canada with similar winter weather to Norway.

The Ford 150 and the Ford Transit Cargo van are going to offer all electric models in 2022. I doubt they would do this is if it doesn't work.
        Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 10, 2021, 09:01.

Comment

So your saying that I won’t be able to buy a gas Ford F150 in 2022?

Comment

There are no paved roads to our farm.
            Been stuck in the middle of the road with summer mud and in the middle of snow banks in the winter.

I very comfortable, and I can say “needy” for the big gas guzzler. I’m going to play my “safety” card with this as well

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Dumb chuck doesn't know what he's talking about !

They offer an electric/gas hybrid model, gas , and diesel models in the F-150 !
              Has anybody seen one or taken one for a test drive or would a guy have to go to a major city ford dealer ?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                Norway has a larger number of all electric vehicles. Their winter temperatures are not as extreme as ours except in the far north but they do have lots of winter. There are several areas in Canada with similar winter weather to Norway.
                Why does a country as vast and varying as Canada have to have the same electric car policy across the whole of the country,,, and better yet,,, why couldn't the Trudeau government tell the U.N./Paris agreement that a uniform policy across our country doesn't make sense, and negotiate on the countries behalf.

Particularly comparing our size and variations to the dinky, small, little countries in Europe, where daily travel is a fraction of what is needed here.

Trudeau didn't go to batter for this country and sold us out.

P.S. Why is Canada assessed a carbon value for products exported?
                Last edited by beaverdam; Feb 9, 2021, 13:57.

Comment

Just remember to say "excluding Quebec" when you make claims of paying any carbon penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                    Why does a country as vast and varying as Canada have to have the same electric car policy across the whole of the country,,, and better yet,,, why couldn't the Trudeau government tell the U.N./Paris agreement that a uniform policy across our country doesn't make sense, and negotiate on the countries behalf.

Particularly comparing our size and variations to the dinky, small, little countries in Europe, where daily travel is a fraction of what is needed here.

Trudeau didn't go to batter for this country and sold us out.

P.S. Why is Canada assessed a carbon value for products exported?
                    But none on Saudi oil coming in

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...