• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Lentils vs Green Lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Lentils vs Green Lentils

Why did you choose the color you grow, oxidation in storage, yield, or price.

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
    Reds demand is larger than greens and can take a few shots of rain, even in swath before they bleach.

Green lentils and green peas will beach with a lot less moisture. Seem more disease prone.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
      I chose reds as they move through the guys that can pay and their cheque is good...

Comment

Red Lentils have held their grade for 3 years. But because red lentils go into poorest countries, price is usually limited. For us, reds seem to outyield greens and speckles.

Comment

Whether you choose red or green and harvest with red or green they all do damage to the combines.
          Personally a .25 lentil doesn’t pay the bills when you consider combine damage.
          No lentils on my farm in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
            Whether you choose red or green and harvest with red or green they all do damage to the combines.
            Personally a .25 lentil doesn’t pay the bills when you consider combine damage.
            No lentils on my farm in 2021.
            I sell $600k worth of lentils every year. I rarely spend $10k on repairs ... Up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
              I sell $600k worth of lentils every year. I rarely spend $10k on repairs ... Up to you.
              I used to grow 3000 ac every yr, got sick of small rocks going through the combine. Maybe you farm where there are no rocks, you are fortunate if that’s the case. I will grow them again when they hit 40-50 cents.
              With $600k in lentil sales you could be a new combine every yr. 😂😂

Comment

Would probably be best to grow them before they hit $.40-.50. Then sell seed to your neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                  I used to grow 3000 ac every yr, got sick of small rocks going through the combine. Maybe you farm where there are no rocks, you are fortunate if that’s the case. I will grow them again when they hit 40-50 cents.
                  With $600k in lentil sales you could be a new combine every yr. 😂😂
                  Oh I have rocks. I was thinking awhile back that I farm lots of shitty land and also some good.

The only problem I own most of the shitty stuff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...