• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rules for Thee But Not For Me

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I had some understanding of how markets worked but I'm beginning to se e I knew nothing.

This causes a lot of uncertainty which may cause big disrution.

Stock markets,money markets,commodity markets????

Big Chicom activity.

Stolen election.

Weak governments trying to reset as never before.

Reset might not go as advertised.

Pray for us Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
      Thought I had some understanding of how markets worked but I'm beginning to se e I knew nothing.!
      As the gamestop fiasco shows, the markets are full of free leveraged money. Options on margin let people with no money be players. Unlimited naked short sellers use margin on the other side.

I mean what could go wrong.

Lot of reckless players in the market right now. Might be time to exit for a bit.

Comment

Let's pray the reset doesn't happen as advertised, I value my freedom. What WSB has done is truly a game changer imo and there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.They punched a hole right through the illusion of the free markets. Some are calling for Robinhood to change its name to Sheriff of Nottingham. There will be unintended consequences to Robinhood's nefarious actions that are a blatant attempt to squish retail to save their billionaire cronies. What's next making discussion forums and commodities like silver illegal?
        Last edited by biglentil; Jan 30, 2021, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          As the gamestop fiasco shows, the markets are full of free leveraged money. Options on margin let people with no money be players. Unlimited naked short sellers use margin on the other side.

I mean what could go wrong.

Lot of reckless players in the market right now. Might be time to exit for a bit.
          How many are thinking might be time to exit?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            The cryptocurrencies are all going to get banned by govts. There is no way they will allow parallel currencies to rise.

I wonder how the governments and money changers will shut it down. I guess they can manipulate computers just like many a techie. Nothing is impossible when you’ve got the Gater and Bozo riding shot gun. 🥷
            Last edited by sumdumguy; Jan 30, 2021, 13:19.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              I wonder how the governments and money changers will shut it down. I guess they can manipulate computers just like many a techie. Nothing is impossible when you’ve got the Gater and Bozo riding shot gun. 🥷
              Bitcoin simply gains value in cyberspace due to exuberance of a decentralized system. Its the currency equivalent of likes on your facebook page. Meaningless in the real world. You cant transact with it anywhere but the dark web. It will be easy to ban.

I would say old fashioned barter has a better chance of becoming a method of trade.

If there is going to be a digital currency, the banks and govts will create it, not some tech groupies.

Comment

A roll of silver dimes with a nominal value of $5 is selling for $140 today if you can find one.

If you think maybe you might gun up just in case make sure you get ammo as some calibers can't be bought at any price.

I suspect there is the largest trade ever in no paper required firearms going on around us since revised "turn on for credit" program.

The great reset is happening alright as has been for months.
                Not the build back better one that governments think they are going to control.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  A roll of silver dimes with a nominal value of $5 is selling for $140 today if you can find one.

If you think maybe you might gun up just in case make sure you get ammo as some calibers can't be bought at any price.

I suspect there is the largest trade ever in no paper required firearms going on around us since revised "turn on for credit" program.

The great reset is happening alright as has been for months.
                  Not the build back better one that governments think they are going to control.
                  Methinks you may be alluding to the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Comment

I will say it again, investors should not be able to sell stocks they don’t own. If this rule was in place you wouldn’t have the wild fluctuations in the market, sometimes bankrupting companies. Investors would buy the stock they want, not the one they don’t like.

Comment

The silver squeeze could be something truly epic and shake a lot of institutions to the core. These banks have been manipulating gold and silver since the 70s to cover for inflation and prop fiat.

I would imagine by extension, most hard commodities could be in the same boat. Be interesting to see if other commodities ride the wave.

The silver short is a little more difficult. Its a bullion buy, physical and something that can be held on to. These guys just have to make sure they get physical delivery before the powers that be halt that as well.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/reddit-preparing-unleash-worlds-biggest-short-squeeze-silver
                      Last edited by jazz; Jan 31, 2021, 09:47.

Comment

Days production of various commodities to cover short positions. Looks like some of us have been helping the veg oil trade cover itself.

If I read this right, the soy complex looks very fragile.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EtAi2erXAAEdqPc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	770736
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	short.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	770737
                        Last edited by jazz; Jan 31, 2021, 13:47.

Comment

Oil and wheat sleeping?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            Oil and wheat sleeping?
                            I misread it sum, its not short contracts, its days of production required to cover short contracts. Still pointing to problems in the veg oil complex but I am not good at interpreting these things. This seems to say the physical trade is exhausted and the shorts are still in there.

No wonder they are aggressively pushing fall contracts. Looks like a way of letting the shorts out while transferring risk to the producer.

maybe 101 can help.

Comment

While everyone knows that it's no good to try and head off a stampede, most also know that many times stampedes don't end well...

I wonder if the traders who are going to buy silver know that the funds are net long? I'm sure they do so isn't the silver stampede basically a pump and dump? If so I think they will shut them down before allowed to get too far. The Hunts were shut down and ruined for contributing to chaos in the silver trade.

It's the merchants and producers that are net short. Why?
                              1. They actually hold the physical silver(not too far fetched seeing as how over 900M ounces were mined in 2019)
                              2. It's all a big scam, silver miners and merchants just write numbers on paper and there is no silver.

Pick which one and double down...

As far as wheat and crude, both are widely produced in huge quantities relative to the short positions on in the markets at any given time. Not all production is hedged. As Jazz mentioned this chart is showing short positions relative to annual world production. And only the largest entities positions too.

Shares in a company versus buying a commodity(Many times for future delivery) are very different.

There is better money to be made in the future for the veg oil crushers. If they can push their sales to a future month they will

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...