• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N A Drought Monitor Map

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N A Drought Monitor Map

Anyone remember 2017 being a dry year? Here's the map from late Jan 2017.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/drought/nadm/maps/en/201701 https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/drought/nadm/maps/en/201701

this is what Aug looked like.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/drought/nadm/maps/en/201708 https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/drought/nadm/maps/en/201708
    (having trouble with this map, you'll have to change the map to Aug 2017 after you click it)

This is the current map for late Dec 2020.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/drought/nadm/maps/en/202012 https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/drought/nadm/maps/en/202012
    (having trouble with this map, you'll have to change the map to Dec 2020 after you click it)

A little bit scary where we're starting from in 2021, considering where we were at this time in 2017,,, and where we ended up in 2017.
    Last edited by beaverdam; Jan 28, 2021, 11:40.

The trouble is that when things get that dry, it will take more precip than what we can handle in the pre-plant window. So that means getting enough to get the crop germinated and then timely rains throughout the growing season.

Nice scenario if it happens that way.

Comment

We need 2 inches of rain before spring and 1 inch during seeding! And rain rain rain after that!. Is there any climate retards I can hire to get what I want for weather because they can control the climate I was told!

Comment

Irrigation
        Now it makes sense

Comment

Does anyone know where to find accurate current drought monitor maps of other countries.
          What sites offer drought maps for a fee and do you feel you're getting good value for your dollar.
          I need current data, not 30 days old.

Comment

Maybe watering bans for grass and gardens this year?

South side or north (east and west) side of the street watering days.

Water is very precious in so many ways, for so many reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
              Maybe watering bans for grass and gardens this year?

South side or north (east and west) side of the street watering days.

Water is very precious in so many ways, for so many reasons
              Thats why it would be better for Saskatchewan to build another dam or two on the Saskatchewan rivers as opposed to pumping out and evaporating out of the existing lakes....

4 billion $$$$$ would be better spent on dams than pipelines and wealth transfer.

Comment

There is more to the weather and environment created by lake Diefenbaker...watch the radar and see how it can set up a blocking effect from the lake...

a one mile wide lake with warmer water with an incoming cold front in the summer...

Build more lakes it.... here is some other factoids....a wakeboard boat costs as much as a pivot and are not government funded...think about that...

Robertson Motorsports in Swift Current has a lot full of them ready to go for summer...

Biggest non government industry around Riverhurst is tourism...

This province is missing the boat on where money could come from around the lake with 600 or more miles of shoreline....small acreages or cabin developments with the proper regulations put in place would create 10s of billions in economic expansion with little government money..

Build another lake and shitcan the irrigation...

Comment

No! That's my Lake! Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                    No! That's my Lake! Lmfao
                    We go hardly 5 miles from the palliser park marina and we enjoy a day on the lake...hardly any boats around...

It use to be we only had to go a couple miles ...but now that we are better at knowing when to get off the lake ...all is good..

One time....in band camp...we had the boat out at noon started as a beautiful day ...we were back in by 1:30 watching the storm...never got a drop 10 miles east of the lake at the farm...

They can talk about potential for the lake....with the proper planning it could be a windfall for the province...distributing wealth to 400 farmers with an irrigation project isn't going to cut it...or the existing project wouldn't still be funded by the government...very few people realize that simple fact.

Boats cabins trailers fishing hunting >>>>>recreation....big $$$$$$ and very little government involvement
                    Last edited by bucket; Feb 4, 2021, 08:47.

Comment

Maybe solar boats

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                        Maybe solar boats
                        Plenty of sailboats out of Elbow on the Lake...are those not wind boats? lol.

Comment

My area on the map is solid yellow and i have been pushing mud and seeding late and spring threshing for five years, like to talk to who dreams this shit up.

Comment

We’ve been bloody wet last number of years. Didn’t get a bunch of rain this fall and no frost. Kinda worried cause when piling brush you can get dirt in the piles too easy. Nothing dire like you south guys but a bit worried if we don’t get some spring moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                              My area on the map is solid yellow and i have been pushing mud and seeding late and spring threshing for five years, like to talk to who dreams this shit up.
                              Yeah those maps are way too general. Like Way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...