• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So did you buy yours?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fert all bought in the fall and all seed booked. Chem booked early winter.
    Not looking at equipment because I Live by the rule my Mother taught me.
    Buy what you need not what you want!

Comment

These were the prices this fall eastern Manitoba delivered.
      11-52-0 : $609 per tonne
      0-0-60 : $462 per tonne

New Spring delivered and paid before the New Year prices.
      46-0-0 : $467 per tonne

This is what we settled on. I've always said it's better to be lucky then smart!

Comment

Fert is in the bins here. Seed and chem is booked and paid for. Iron ............. we’ll bubble gum everything for another year. Although a bigger used disk would be nice for the corn ground............. if a deal comes along😉

Just need some replacement bulls and fuel for this year.

No different than most other years. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it🍀

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Fert is in the bins here. Seed and chem is booked and paid for. Iron ............. we’ll bubble gum everything for another year. Although a bigger used disk would be nice for the corn ground............. if a deal comes along😉

Just need some replacement bulls and fuel for this year.

No different than most other years. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it🍀
          Or in my case it aint really broke so we will keep doing repairs until it needs fixing...

Shall give my must do very soon repair list before seeding in may.

Put a new head on sons toyota truck last week $2800 ouch quote $6000 fitted did it ourselves runs fine thus far.

Asked son for just half of the mechanics wages piss off dad and oh ps i payed forthe head......younger generation dont care for us old guys

Comment

we bought all our Anhydrous, S15, and S15 Blend before the Christmas rush.

Air drills if decent last a few days.

The land is now $100.00 an acre rent just a short distance away.

Ah BT Farming.

**** me it's a spike.

Comment

Oh, Canola seed and HRS Seed Bought and paid for along with the above.

Comment

it's a spike

Yup and its going to hurt some of these guys...especially if the rains don't come.

The winds that took out a whole lot of power a few days ago banked the snow in tree rows...now it will puddle in the spring in low spots...not fun and it slows seeding exponentially...

the moisture is not in the middle of the field or on the high spots where it is needed so now guys paying big money for rent because canola is 12 bucks for new crop are going to be wondering in the fall...

There is a reason for canola to be 12 bucks for new crop...and if it doesn't rain there will be a better reason for it to be 15 in the fall...the endusers know far more than the guys paying 100 bucks an acre rent.

I learnt a long time ago not to try to outsmart the endusers like the graincos or the importers ...they have more people on the ground,,,, than any canadian provincial government, monitoring crops...along with a weekly crop report that is fed into large algorithmic formulas to determine crop size...
                Last edited by bucket; Jan 26, 2021, 07:24.

Comment

[QUOTE=iceman;484572]
                  Originally posted by bigzee View Post

Someone needs to buy new if the rest of us want to buy used stuff

Iceman
                  Someone needs to buy used so some of us can buy the really used stuff

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...