• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    What a brilliant and simple solution.
    Now scale that up to 100% in a zero fossil fuel powered world, as the politicans are promising. Do you see any potential hiccups with your plan? At what point do you run out of other peoples money ( or in this case, energy)?
    unfortunately , it shows the depth of the sheeple we are wasting our time arguing with

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;485300]

Australia on its own has renewable potential that is incredible.

"More sunlight per square meter strikes the country than just about any other, and powerful winds buffet its south and west coasts. All told, Australia boasts a renewable energy potential of 25,000 gigawatts, one of the highest in the world and about four times the planet's installed electricity production capacity."

Chuck2 please explain to me how the potential for renewable electricity production in Australia changes the inability of renewables to produce electricity in Alberta when the weather creates a stable air mass?

Comment

That's when hydro, gas with CCS, geothermal, and maybe nuclear, all low carbon emitters will cover Alberta's electrical needs.

Alberta's renewable resources aren't as good as Australia's but they are still good when you look at a whole year.

If Australia starts producing ammonia or hydrogen from its vast renewable resources then they will have an exportable stored energy source for those who want it. If the Australia can do it so can the desert southwest of the US and Mexico.

Comment

Do you really believe your BS Chuck or do you just keep posting up the same thing over and over to needle us?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            That's when hydro, gas with CCS, geothermal, and maybe nuclear, all low carbon emitters will cover Alberta's electrical needs.

Alberta's renewable resources aren't as good as Australia's but they are still good when you look at a whole year.

If Australia starts producing ammonia or hydrogen from its vast renewable resources then they will have an exportable stored energy source for those who want it. If the Australia can do it so can the desert southwest of the US and Mexico.
            Hydro is a bit of a conundrum for me in Alberta. Alberta has 894 megawatts of hydro capability but I never see it produce anywhere near that. This morning only 190 megawatts of hydro generation or 21.25% efficiency. My thought would be that water levels are much lower in the winter in the reservoirs.

As for ammonia, around here as an example very few farmers use anhydrous ammonia any more for fertilizer. Many of the local fertilizer companies no longer sell it. My understanding is that government kept increasing the regulatory load making it to expensive to continue using.

To produce hydrogen from renewable electricity is water not required? Is there a lot of water in the desert that I am not aware of?

Comment

"By converting renewable electricity into an energy-rich gas that can easily be cooled and squeezed into a liquid fuel, MacFarlane's fuel cell effectively bottles sunshine and wind, turning them into a commodity that can be shipped anywhere in the world and converted back into electricity or hydrogen gas to power fuel cell vehicles. The gas bubbling out of the fuel cell is colorless, but environmentally, MacFarlane says, ammonia is as green as can be. "Liquid ammonia is liquid energy," he says. "It's the sustainable technology we need."

Its not just fertilizer. I guess you didn't read the science story from Australia? Here take a look.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...without-carbon https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...without-carbon

Alberta is already developing a hydrogen plan. Whether it will ever use renewable electricity for hydrogen or not is another question.

How we get to a low carbon energy system will depend on a lot of ifs. But to deny that we are heading that way is to stick your head in the desert sand.

Comment

"By converting renewable electricity into an energy-rich gas that can easily be cooled and squeezed into a liquid fuel, MacFarlane's fuel cell effectively bottles sunshine and wind, turning them into a commodity that can be shipped anywhere in the world and converted back into electricity or hydrogen gas to power fuel cell vehicles. The gas bubbling out of the fuel cell is colorless, but environmentally, MacFarlane says, ammonia is as green as can be. "Liquid ammonia is liquid energy," he says. "It's the sustainable technology we need."

Its not just fertilizer. I guess you didn't read the science story from Australia? Here take a look.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...without-carbon https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...without-carbon

Alberta is already developing a hydrogen plan. Whether it will ever use renewable electricity for hydrogen or not is another question.

How we get to a low carbon energy system will depend on a lot of ifs. But to deny that we are heading that way is to stick your head in the desert sand.
                What I find amusing coming from a person who judging by your responses doesn’t even read my posts that you would be surprised I didn’t read the article. As an example no response on the need of water in the desert for hydrogen production. If something interests me I will read it, otherwise I don’t. And there is certainly no doubt that governments are going to spend billions on green energy subsidization but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.

Comment

If Canada did NO GREEN SH*T we would all be money ahead, and the WORLD would NOT notice our Non- Compliance. We are SFA of the problem...IF there even is a problem. It's a solution looking for a problem, in the minds of the WEAK/SLOW/LEFTIST!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    If Canada did NO GREEN SH*T we would all be money ahead, and the WORLD would NOT notice our Non- Compliance. We are SFA of the problem...IF there even is a problem. It's a solution looking for a problem, in the minds of the WEAK/SLOW/LEFTIST!
                    New World Order:

Social License required to sell: oil, grain, meat, vegetables, Fertilizer, plastic, Natural gas, coal, food products, potatoes, sugar, lumber, paper.

Since we export 70% of what we produce in Alberta... we do need the Social License to survive.

Stop.

Cheers
                    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 1, 2021, 00:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      What I find amusing coming from a person who judging by your responses doesn’t even read my posts that you would be surprised I didn’t read the article. As an example no response on the need of water in the desert for hydrogen production. If something interests me I will read it, otherwise I don’t. And there is certainly no doubt that governments are going to spend billions on green energy subsidization but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.
                      Lots of water available in California and in the south west from the Pacific Ocean.

And on the research that was done in Australia to produce ammonia from renewables? No comment? All we hear is crickets only because you have already made up your mind and are closed to new ideas and innovation.

Just like governments are currently spending billions on subsidizing the oil and gas industries! Again all we hear is crickets!

As long as the subsidies, support and incentives go to you or the industries you support, then subsidies are no problem and you seem to agree with them? Correct?
                      Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 1, 2021, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                        New World Order:

Social License required to sell: oil, grain, meat, vegetables, Fertilizer, plastic, Natural gas, coal, food products, potatoes, sugar, lumber, paper.

Since we export 70% of what we produce in Alberta... we do need the Social License to survive.

Stop.

Cheers
                        Is this the same social license that Notley said Alberta needed to export oil?

Comment

Lots of water available in California and in the south west from the Pacific Ocean.

And on the research that was done in Australia to produce ammonia from renewables? No comment? All we hear is crickets only because you have already made up your mind and are closed to new ideas and innovation.

Just like governments are currently spending billions on subsidizing the oil and gas industries! Again all we hear is crickets!

As long as the subsidies, support and incentives go to you or the industries you support, then
                          subsidiess are no problem and you seem to agree with them? Correct?
                          Chuck2 all this arrogance and yet you don't realize anhydrous ammonia is purified ammonia, NH3. The government of Canada wants nitrogen fertilizer use and production curtailed and you are promoting it lol!

Climate change proponents are predicting drought and fresh water shortages and yet you say there is lots of water.

As for government subsidies not in favor of them going to oil companies or solar companies!

Comment

"MacFarlane's fuel cell effectively bottles sunshine and wind, turning them into a commodity that can be shipped anywhere in the world and converted back into electricity or hydrogen gas to power fuel cell vehicles. The gas bubbling out of the fuel cell is colorless, but environmentally, MacFarlane says, ammonia is as green as can be. "Liquid ammonia is liquid energy," he says. "It's the sustainable technology we need."

Comment

and the cow jumped over the moon

Comment

Sorry, I'm just as guilty as anybody. Saw this on FB and thought it was funny.
                                And about as useful I suppose as crippling the country today while dreaming of something at least 30 years away, if we start right now.
                                Last edited by blackpowder; Feb 1, 2021, 14:20.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...