• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corb Lund Is actually a snapping turtle

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GDR View Post
    I dont know all the details and so dont have a firm opinion, however The Mayor of Crowsnest Pass is in favour of the proposed mine and says the approval rating is between 70 and 80% locally. (main local employment is coal mines already, just across the border in bc) It's the locals that both reap the benefits and suffer the consequences of such a project, not sure it should be up to the rest of us to decide for them.

Dont know the accuracy of this statement but did hear that the Australian company would pay a 7% royalty on coal at home and this project is only 1% royalty. perhaps some adjustment required there.
    Good post !
    Yea way more important what celebrities think than people that live there *
    Like some old hereditary “paid off” chiefs , actors and bloodsucking pricks stopping projects that would give northern native communities work and hope
    Last edited by Guest; Jan 22, 2021, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
      I dont know all the details and so dont have a firm opinion, however The Mayor of Crowsnest Pass is in favour of the proposed mine and says the approval rating is between 70 and 80% locally. (main local employment is coal mines already, just across the border in bc) It's the locals that both reap the benefits and suffer the consequences of such a project, not sure it should be up to the rest of us to decide for them.

Dont know the accuracy of this statement but did hear that the Australian company would pay a 7% royalty on coal at home and this project is only 1% royalty. perhaps some adjustment required there.
      That’s the strange part is royalties. Why give it away? They would need to hammer out the reclamation plan too. I’m surrounded by orphan wells and thousands of acres of unreclaimed coal mine ground so that may skew my viewpoint.

It’s gotta come from somewhere ................ why not here? BC does it and hail themselves as environmentally conscious. My wife’s uncle and aunt live just south of Golden and there is no shortage of unit trains of coal rolling by when we visit them.

Comment

Is country music still a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          That’s the strange part is royalties. Why give it away? They would need to hammer out the reclamation plan too. I’m surrounded by orphan wells and thousands of acres of unreclaimed coal mine ground so that may skew my viewpoint.

It’s gotta come from somewhere ................ why not here? BC does it and hail themselves as environmentally conscious. My wife’s uncle and aunt live just south of Golden and there is no shortage of unit trains of coal rolling by when we visit them.
          That’s where I’m at with this issue too. Not enough royalty to justify it. Metallurgical coal will have a decent demand for years to come but don’t give it away. It’s inherent value is not being captured for 1%. I’d also would like to see some more info about selenium runoff into the rivers. If you depend on the north Saskatchewan river for water you’d probably want to question that. I’m not against mining. I’m against the sneaky way legislation deemed necessary by Peter Lougheed in 1976 was changed without much consultation nor debate. Sure the eco muffins will cry loud at anything but there’s more here at play that needs discussion before decisions are made.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...