• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasonal Forecasts for upcoming growing season

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
    Dry years in the 80's a thunderstorm would show up a few lightning strikes and high winds for ten mins. followed by 10 raindrops . The show would be over except for one of the few haybales you were able to make would be burning behind the house yard.

I remember one of those little storms going directly over my yard. It came out of east and headed west, lightning bolts shooting out and making all kinds of noise. It was like one of those clouds that show up and nail the coyote in a roadrunner cartoon. Not one drop of rain. Never saw one like it before or since and likely never will

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
      I remember one of those little storms going directly over my yard. It came out of east and headed west, lightning bolts shooting out and making all kinds of noise. It was like one of those clouds that show up and nail the coyote in a roadrunner cartoon. Not one drop of rain. Never saw one like it before or since and likely never will
      Seen a few of those in 2001 and 2002
      Just would not rain regardless of any cold front .

Comment

Winter forecast didnt necessarily hold up. Perhaps the summer wont either.

Comment

-29 yesterday morn -5 this morn tractors should turn over a lot better would be good if I have to push wet snow away from feed bunks a couple of times. Can't believe I said that but it's true.

Comment

New NOAA outlooks today. More of the same.

Temperature:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	midmarch2021temp1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	770868

Precip:

Name:	midmarch2021precip1.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	770869

The latest outlook continues to trend western North America Drier and Warmer this summer in every successive outlook of the last three months. The dry "blob" is possibly shifting somewhat further south, as Id suspect the drought conditions in the US south and west are likely going to impact future weather patterns.

See current drought map of Continental US:

Name:	20210316.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	770870

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...