• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status of Keystone XL?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bucket
    replied
    Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    He going “green deal man “ , he is terrified to oppose the squads demands .
    He is forcefully invested in the green energy industry, so will be adventurous to watch this play out as he goes in complete opposite direction of Trump, good or bad .

We will never get a cut in fuel prices again , it’s a new world .
    I am in , I bought an electric ice auger 👍
    Works good ...... as long as it’s charged and I don’t leave it out in the cold very long .............. like any battery 🔋
    I too like my electric chainsaw for opening ice for the animals...much quieter ...and no issues with gas line deterioration ....

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied
    Originally posted by bucket View Post
    I wonder why the taps are not being closed on the existing pipeline until someone like Biden understands the value of a North American energy industry....

One thing is for sure this will raise the price of fuel in canada even though there is an obvious oversupply domestically when you are talking about close to a million barrels a day that pipeline was to move...

So where is that oil going? and why isn't Canadians getting a cut in fuel prices?

What is the current discount of WCS and heavy oil now?
    He going “green deal man “ , he is terrified to oppose the squads demands .
    He is forcefully invested in the green energy industry, so will be adventurous to watch this play out as he goes in complete opposite direction of Trump, good or bad .

We will never get a cut in fuel prices again , it’s a new world .
    I am in , I bought an electric ice auger 👍
    Works good ...... as long as it’s charged and I don’t leave it out in the cold very long .............. like any battery 🔋

Leave a comment:

• bucket
    replied
    I wonder why the taps are not being closed on the existing pipeline until someone like Biden understands the value of a North American energy industry....

One thing is for sure this will raise the price of fuel in canada even though there is an obvious oversupply domestically when you are talking about close to a million barrels a day that pipeline was to move...

So where is that oil going? and why isn't Canadians getting a cut in fuel prices?

What is the current discount of WCS and heavy oil now?

Leave a comment:

• DaneG
    replied
    I suppose the pipe line could be completed then we could sell them water, that should be Green enough!

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Xiden just getting warmed up.

This is just a precurser to banning fracking and maybe banning drilling. Our PM ***uts is watching intently.

https://www.waff.com/2021/01/21/biden-suspends-oil-gas-leases-public-lands-days/ Biden halts oil and gas leases, permits on US land and water

By Associated Press | January 21, 2021 at 3:20 PM CST - Updated January 21 at 6:29 PM
    BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — The Biden administration announced Thursday a 60-day suspension of new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits for U.S. lands and waters as officials moved quickly to reverse Trump administration policies on energy and the environment.

The suspension, part of a broad review of programs at the Department of Interior, went into effect immediately under an order signed Wednesday by Acting Interior Secretary Scott de la Vega. It follows Democratic President Joe Biden’s campaign pledge to halt new drilling on federal lands and end the leasing of publicly owned energy reserves as part of his plan to address climate change.
    Last edited by jazz; Jan 21, 2021, 19:26.

Leave a comment:

• Sodbuster
    replied
    Biden has every right to shut down Keystone, I don’t really agree with him signing a executive order, should of been put thru the house and senate but at the same time he should be made to pick up all costs associated with shutting it down. We will see what happens, but at the very least if the US won’t pick up the tab numb nuts should provide compensation for the project, someone is liable.

Leave a comment:

• GDR
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Well Enbridge L5 could be the next target which supplies Sarnia feedstock and gasoline for Ontario and Quebec and jet fuel for Toronto. Michigan gets lots of supply from it as well.

Eastern canada would have to bring products in from offshore in the maritimes which we could tanker there through transmountain via Panama. No wonder Alberta was adamant about getting at least that pipeline built. Opens up a lot of flexibility.

No new pipelines will ever be built again but trying to shut down existing ones is a new game from the left.
    I know Line 5 shutting down would be bad for the west also and for refinery workers out east but boy it might be the wakeup call that is needed for Ontario and Quebec. Did hear an expert say today that because it goes through a couple other states besides Michigan that its Governor wouldnt be able to stop it by herself, becomes a federal issue.

Leave a comment:

• rumrocks
    replied
    Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    Please vote responsively. or responsibly? Half of US and 60% of Canadians are irresponsible and like being on the Gov TIT! Swallow any bullsh*t left dumps in their ears. Fear and repeating lies really do work.
    Fixed it, maybe that will trigger a recount in the next election.

Leave a comment:

• fjlip
    replied
    Please vote responsively. or responsibly? Half of US and 60% of Canadians are irresponsible and like being on the Gov TIT! Swallow any bullsh*t left dumps in their ears. Fear and repeating lies really do work.

Leave a comment:

• rumrocks
    replied
    Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
    Will Skippy put tariffs on the USA or do any retaliation measures on the USA now that they are attacking our oil industry? Or will he say that he tried and Alberta should go to hell?

Recall what he did when Ontario/Quebec aluminum & steel industry was attacked. Also look at how many laws Trudeau broke to help the scandal ridden SNC-Lavalin.
    The PM will aggressively attack the US with jaw dropping tariffs on their products entering Canada because he stands behind each and every Canadian.

This means a 22% tariff on all illegal guns and a 24% tariff on all US flags entering Canada.

And if that doesn't change their mind on Keystone he will hit them with a 3% tariff on office staples sold outside of Quebec .

Please vote responsibly.
    Last edited by rumrocks; Jan 21, 2021, 14:24.

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Will Skippy put tariffs on the USA or do any retaliation measures on the USA now that they are attacking our oil industry? Or will he say that he tried and Alberta should go to hell?

Recall what he did when Ontario/Quebec aluminum & steel industry was attacked. Also look at how many laws Trudeau broke to help the scandal ridden SNC-Lavalin.
    Well Enbridge L5 could be the next target which supplies Sarnia feedstock and gasoline for Ontario and Quebec and jet fuel for Toronto. Michigan gets lots of supply from it as well.

Eastern canada would have to bring products in from offshore in the maritimes which we could tanker there through transmountain via Panama. No wonder Alberta was adamant about getting at least that pipeline built. Opens up a lot of flexibility.

No new pipelines will ever be built again but trying to shut down existing ones is a new game from the left.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Energy will be just like covid. Create a scenario where the people demand action due to fear or pain. its the easiest way to bring in policy.

So you will see sleepy Joe ban fracking next probably. That should send crude higher. Then a nice little side deal with the Saudis to not add barrels. Add in a war probably in Syria this time with the US in there for real. And poof pain at the pumps and shortages too.

People get freaked, demand change, we want renewables, now. Make some $10T debt laden crash program to start it.

This is all basically the equivalent of wartime spending without the war (yet).

But the average dude on the street has no idea of the realities of this change. We are talking doubling infrastructure and electric metal production to make this switch to renewables facilities that only have a 20yr life. Thats going to take a lot of oil to do and then it will have to do it again in 2040 to replace it all.

Leave a comment:

• SASKFARMER
    replied
    This whole thing shows how Stupid Democrats really are.

59000 jobs will be created building the USA portion.

The money will be paid to ranchers and farmers along the way.

Follow the money.

Buffet and his toy train empire will reap the rewards and who does the old fool support.

Our idiot sits back and did nothing because if you haven't figured it out yet we mean nothing to Canada.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarms
    replied
    Trudeau will be smiling as he knows Alberta is getting screwed over by sleepy Joe.

Canada can sue the US government due to the USMCA.
    I thought they could but read the article from Geoffrey Morgan in the Sun.
    Think they may be screwed.

https://calgarysun.com/commodities/tc-energy-and-alberta-face-long-odds-if-they-sue-u-s-government-over-cancelled-keystone-xl/wcm/cc7c35ac-24aa-41a4-8c68-46b03c830bc5 https://calgarysun.com/commodities/tc-energy-and-alberta-face-long-odds-if-they-sue-u-s-government-over-cancelled-keystone-xl/wcm/cc7c35ac-24aa-41a4-8c68-46b03c830bc5
    or the most pertinent point
    The amended presidential permit Trump signed on July 29, 2020, specifically states Keystone’s “permit may be terminated, revoked, or amended at any time at the sole discretion of the President, with or without advice provided by any executive department or agency.”
    Last edited by mcfarms; Jan 20, 2021, 23:09.

Leave a comment:

• Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...