• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status of Keystone XL?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlbertaFarmer5
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz View Post

Oil will be triple digits again.
    The question is, at which end of the pipeline will that value occur? It won’t Be in favor of the producers, or the consumer's.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 23, 2021, 20:50.

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Use the railways as an example to what happens to critical infrastructure when its not expanded. It becomes almost priceless.

All the trucking and cargo jets in the world didnt put CN out of business because someone finally realized hauling heavy stuff is most efficient by rail. And now that another rail line will never be built again in the country, that stock has never stopped going up.

Same thing will happen to the remaining pipelines in the ground. All the solar and wind mills wont put them out of business either because oil will never go away. Our politicians have ensured that now.

Oil will be triple digits again.

Leave a comment:

• fjlip
    replied
    Xiden such a smart caring POS...Unions might get rid of the TRAITOR

Click image for larger version

Name:	EmQK15RVMAIKa6I.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	770707

Leave a comment:

• Oliver88
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz View Post

Enbridge has a little secret in store for xiden. F him and skippy too.

https://energi.media/markham-on-energy/enbridge-may-have-500000-b-d-solution-to-albertas-pipeline-crisis/ Enbridge may have 500,000 b/d solution to Alberta’s pipeline crisis
    Interesting video and article. This should be good for Enbridge shares long term.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver88
    replied
    Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
    Real funny hey dml?
    Oh yes dml and Chuck find all kinds of humour in energy project cancellations. This ultimately leads to job losses, suicides, kids in poverty.

Liberals don’t care.

Leave a comment:

• shtferbrains
    replied
    Real funny hey dml?

Leave a comment:

• dmlfarmer
    replied
    The Beaverton

Jason Kenney thanks Biden for giving him new thing to blame all of Alberta’s economic woes on
    2 DAYS AGO by IAN MACINTYRE(@MRIANMACINTYRE)

Photo Credit
    EDMONTON – Following incoming President Joe Biden’s decision to scrap approvals for the Keystone XL pipeline, Alberta Premier Jason Kenney called Biden to personally thank him for “basically writing every angry speech I’ll give for the next 5 years”.

“Not gonna lie, I really needed this win,” explained a previously-beleaguered Kenney. “Given my utter mismanagement of the vaccine rollout and Alberta’s economy cratering, I really just needed a good old-fashioned external enemy to blame all of my constituents’ woes on.”

“Even better, Joe Biden has literally never heard of me, so it’s not like I’ll actually have to talk to him or stand up to him ever in public,” beamed the newly-enthusiastic Albertan Premier.

With the Premier having invested millions of Albertan dollars in the uncompleted $8 USD pipeline, all despite the incoming Biden Administration clearly signalling their intent to cancel the project on day one, sources report that Kenney was “getting pretty desperate”.

“He looked like a man on Death Row, and just kept muttering ‘2023… 2023…’ over and over again,” explained one staffer, referring to Alberta’s next provincial election. “But as soon as Biden gave him the gift of becoming an all-purpose bad guy to blame all his legislative failures on, Premier Kenney was overjoyed. I think I even saw him do a cartwheel.”

Kenney reportedly offered his staff to send Biden a thank you bouquet of Alberta wild roses, along with a note explaining who Jason Kenny is and where Alberta is located. “When someone hands you a political gift like this, it’s important to show appreciation.”

Kenney added, “But also not show so much appreciation that you get on their radar and suddenly have to answer questions or talk to them in public.”

The Premier then returned to provincial business, outlining a bold “Blame Biden” campaign to address Albertans. This campaign is meant to explain to Albertans how all of the problems they are currently facing, “from unemployment to oil prices to this season of the Bachelor only being okay” are actually the fault of the incoming Biden Administration.

“And Trudeau, probably,” Kenney added, still smiling from ear to ear.

At press time, Premier Kenney has reportedly celebrated Biden taking all the blame for Keystone XL’s cancellation by purchasing 5 more pipelines.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebeaverton.com%2F2021% 2F01%2Fjason-kenney-thanks-biden-for-giving-him-new-thing-to-blame-all-of-albertas-economic-woes-on%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2VgVL4iHihkR5ActwUCEGEmw7voRa zDOGVJv5J4C-X9FubOYGckqTQNuA&h=AT2REk28FWkIHKppIvchZ1ksaTZXIWi HcxbuzFHmls9GdMFu0xYaMnfjFdc586HuVIsJQaT7CzBDFprLO vIx6fZZDrw_i8hus13ExW4PEQ8lb7c3P9D8vXnV_Szf-tslBjJc-2xIHGsh&__tn__=R]-R&c[0]=AT2AOcqtcFTiEJZC5sDRYgjBWTkYHZn-7IVhpvPwfvD8X2O_jrwHPjnBY-RHwMnR4ldSmlvj73P2N-lLkp1uhpWNMoydv7gwE5vfI3TQq2WSRcHOzM-KXzm5WYvCB8CNXRt2MD3o0z2xKXrcwrpj7pf45vqfe1mWLsGSB HaH6_c-5jUGdonGyNI https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebeaverton.com%2F2021% 2F01%2Fjason-kenney-thanks-biden-for-giving-him-new-thing-to-blame-all-of-albertas-economic-woes-on%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2VgVL4iHihkR5ActwUCEGEmw7voRa zDOGVJv5J4C-X9FubOYGckqTQNuA&h=AT2REk28FWkIHKppIvchZ1ksaTZXIWi HcxbuzFHmls9GdMFu0xYaMnfjFdc586HuVIsJQaT7CzBDFprLO vIx6fZZDrw_i8hus13ExW4PEQ8lb7c3P9D8vXnV_Szf-tslBjJc-2xIHGsh&__tn__=R]-R&c[0]=AT2AOcqtcFTiEJZC5sDRYgjBWTkYHZn-7IVhpvPwfvD8X2O_jrwHPjnBY-RHwMnR4ldSmlvj73P2N-lLkp1uhpWNMoydv7gwE5vfI3TQq2WSRcHOzM-KXzm5WYvCB8CNXRt2MD3o0z2xKXrcwrpj7pf45vqfe1mWLsGSB HaH6_c-5jUGdonGyNI

Leave a comment:

• TOM4CWB
    replied
    From the BBC:
    Trudeau conveys Keystone pipeline 'disappointment' to Biden
    Published 10 hours ago
    Canadian PM Justin Trudeau expressed "disappointment" at Joe Biden's decision to cancel the Keystone XL oil pipeline during the new US president's first call to a foreign leader.
    Two days into the job, President Biden spent 30 minutes on the phone with Mr Trudeau on Friday evening.
    The PM's office said they found shared values on issues like climate change, global leadership and diversity.
    The US and Canada enjoy one of the world's largest trade relationships.
    Nearly $2bn (C$2.5bn) in goods and services are exchanged between the US and Canada every day.
    What did they discuss?
    The Canadian prime minister's office said the pair discussed a range of issues, including "working closely together to defeat" the Covid-19 pandemic.
    "The prime minister raised Canada's disappointment with the United States' decision on the Keystone XL pipeline," a statement said. "The prime minister underscored the important economic and energy security benefits of our bilateral energy relationship as well as his support for energy workers."
    On President Biden's side, a White House statement about the call said: "The president acknowledged Prime Minister Trudeau's disappointment regarding the decision to rescind the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline, and reaffirmed his commitment to maintain an active bilateral dialogue and to further deepen co-operation with Canada."
    More than 1,000 construction jobs will be lost in the coming weeks due to the cancellation, pipeline builder TC Energy Corp has said.
    Biden 'to cancel Keystone pipeline on first day'
    Trump's Trudeau jibes bring Canadians and Americans together
    World leaders hope for 'new beginning' under Biden
    Despite the two leaders' minor disagreement, they plan to meet next month.
    They also discussed expanding co-operation on defence matters and working together in the Arctic region, as well as the "arbitrary detention" of two Canadians - Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor - in China, Mr Trudeau's office said.
    It also said he urged his US counterpart to remove tariffs on softwood lumber - duties that were introduced under Mr Biden's predecessor, President Donald Trump.

media caption"This has been a hard fight for over 10 years"
    Ahead of the call, Mr Trudeau told reporters he was "very much looking forward to working with President Biden".
    The PM hailed Mr Biden's arrival as a "new era" for bilateral ties.
    What's happening with the Keystone pipeline?
    On his first day in office, Mr Biden signed an executive order revoking the permit for Keystone XL. The pipeline was meant to carry some 830,000 barrels of heavy crude oil each day from fields in Alberta, Canada to the US state of Nebraska, to join an existing pipeline.
    Native American groups and environmental advocates have fought the project for more than a decade. But Canadian officials have long pushed for the controversial pipeline, a boon for the country's oil industry.
    Mr Trudeau himself raised the pipeline as a top priority in a call with Mr Biden in November, trying to make the case for going forward with the project.
    Alberta Premier Jason Kenney has called the cancellation an "insult" and a "gut punch" and has urged Mr Trudeau to consider retaliation. Mr Kenney's provincial government invested some $1.5bn in the project last year.
    But it's considered unlikely that Mr Trudeau will take strong action in response. In a statement following Mr Biden's keystone decision, Mr Trudeau said he "welcomed the president's commitment to fight climate change"....https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55773243

Leave a comment:

• chuckChuck
    replied
    The integrated oil companies that refine heavy oil get a nice WCS discount which allows them to be more profitable. Even in the downturn integrated companies in Alberta that refine have still been profitable.

In a carbon restrained world oil will still be available as a feed stock for chemicals and manufacturing.

What happens to all the heavy oil in Alberta? That's a good question? Are institutional investors putting all their eggs in the heavy oil basket, with in some cases, a very long period before a return on investment? I don't think so. Any proposed developments that do not look profitable for the foreseeable future wont get done.

The two biggest issues that have affected the oil market have been increased production in the US and a fall in demand and prices in the world because of lower economic growth. This has affected all oil producers.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Jan 23, 2021, 08:57.

Leave a comment:

• Old Cowzilla
    replied
    Going on 4 years with electric Greenworks and on second chain. Lightweight and fits on quad nice, great for checking fence and other fuel consuming jobs ! oops !

Leave a comment:

• bucket
    replied
    Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
    What brand did you buy Milwaukee or DeWalt? Price?
    One of these would actually be handy for carrying in tractor to cut up trees that fall onto edge of field.
    Greenworks 16" with a 60v battery from canadian tire....Going on two years cutting the ice..very handy but has to be kept warm.

Leave a comment:

• SASKFARMER
    replied
    My boys got me for Christmas a Milwaukee chain saw and wow is all I have to say. It's mostly made of plastic and takes oil for the chain and the batteries are plastic with lithium. So yea we need oil

Leave a comment:

• tweety
    replied
    Originally posted by bucket View Post
    I wonder why the taps are not being closed on the existing pipeline until someone like Biden understands the value of a North American energy industry....
    Because all the taps in Canada are owned by Americans.

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Originally posted by blackjack View Post
    Jason Kenney on Fox News today....you guys that are good at putting up videos I would appreciate it....worth the watch...

Enbridge has a little secret in store for xiden. F him and skippy too.

https://energi.media/markham-on-energy/enbridge-may-have-500000-b-d-solution-to-albertas-pipeline-crisis/ Enbridge may have 500,000 b/d solution to Alberta’s pipeline crisis
    Last edited by jazz; Jan 22, 2021, 23:47.

Leave a comment:

• blackjack
    replied
    Jason Kenney on Fox News today....you guys that are good at putting up videos I would appreciate it....worth the watch...

Leave a comment:

• Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...