• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plunging Palm Oil

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a mere minnow compared to you guys my total canola tonnes are 250 to 350 tonnes per year.

Dont know the intricacies of the market.

It peaks in australia every year late oct to early dec.

Sell thats it.

If i grew thousands of tonnes like you guys i would study it more.

Comment

Grains getting taken to the back-of-the-woodshed today.

EU economic data getting worse . . . talk of record Brazil soy production on improved rain . . . China finds ASF again in hogs impacting corn . . . crude oil stumbles . . . loonie selling off. Commodity sell-off now becoming more broad-based (IMO).

New crop canola has been the superstar this week along with premium flax bids. Barley / feed wheat bids remain strong . . . but cracks appear showing along-the-sidelines.

Comment

I find it hard to believe you can go from drought to record size. Nothing grows good after it’s been stressed bad. Still not enough soys to go around

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
          I find it hard to believe you can go from drought to record size. Nothing grows good after it’s been stressed bad. Still not enough soys to go around
          Bloated fund long positions are getting liquidated enmass today . . . . we have to see if China buyer is still in-the-market after sell-off subsidies.

Comment

Continued strong sales. This drop now could be a buying opportunity, or is it a trend?

(Washington, D.C.) -- The US Export Sales Report for the week ending January 14th shows solid sales for corn, soybeans, wheat, soybean meal, and soybean oil.

Allendale commodities broker Greg McBride says total corn exports on the weekly report were 1.484 million metric tons, soybeans were 2.648 million metric tons, soybean meal was at 468,500 metric tons, and soybean oil was 52,300 metric tons. Those figures had a bullish tone. The wheat exports were also good at 329,600 metric tons, falling within the range of estimates.

Comment

Problem is you don’t know who is buying, and for delivery when?

Is the activity seller or buyer hedging or spec paper trading?

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                Until feb march when brazil harvest goes full noise.

Comment

Weather and markets are so much alike .... wait five minutes and they can both turn to sheet.
                  Hope all took advantage and sold some product.
                  My estimation 15% did, the other 85% will be selling on the down and shaking their heads.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...