• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the Left Closed Parler and Gab is down, Twitter is blocking, Yep free country.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For perspective.
    Right now China and Russia have closed internet systems. Easy enough to do elsewhere.
    I noticed Twitter getting bad.
    So, how to have freedom without a free for all? Even Jefferson would scratch his head today.

Comment

I was never a Trump fan but I was never triggered by him the way some are. On one level I can see way there is a desire to quite things down ahead of the inauguration. On the other hand censorship is a scary thing and can be a very slippery slope. In Canada I felt that we did have laws in place that allowed free speech but there is clearly a push by some that "feel threatened or are upset" about what others say and think that shutting down those they disagree with is most important. It is easy to have a strong opinion regarding Trump or a guy like Jordon Petterson. To me it is funny how they can trigger people. It is scary how some feel it is appropriate to sensor people for a lot of things that others agree with whether right or wrong. I hear this morning that some Canada post postal worker is refusing to deliver the "Epoch Times" paper to mail boxes as they feel that it is not right. Personally is did get a copy the other day and I took it to be an anti Chinese communist paper published by Chinese dissidents. To each his own but if some consider it their right to censor news to others its a huge problem. I hear the US Trump people are all going to other apps where they have un fettered freedom, but maybe now are going to be more underground? I admit that I am just about done with facebook except for family and close friends contacts. I am hoping as some point that I can get easier access to more new channels from more countries beyond what we see now as the narrative is the same for most.

Comment

As Twitter continues its freefall

Comment

Interesting comments jamesb

I watched Rosemary Barton interview Rudy Giuliani ...but we only got parts of the interview because apparently he wasn't telling the truth....

The CBC wanted the interview then edited it for what reason???? What is 28 minutes for the entire interview to air when the CBC is on a repetitive loop???????ANd 2 hours for barton in the morning then again in the afternoon????? Why not just air the entire 28 minutes unedited.

I would like the media to let people decide for themselves based on the context of the whole interview...

I don't need Barton telling me what to think....

Although maybe that is why Trudeau is never on TV as much since he too...never speaks the truth.
          Last edited by bucket; Jan 18, 2021, 08:45.

Comment

who is rosemary barton ?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
              I was never a Trump fan but I was never triggered by him the way some are..
              Nobody supported Trump because he was a good guy or nice person or any of that. They supported him because he was the only guy that could put the knife into globalism and kill that BS once and for all.

He may have done that anyway. Zeihan says globalism is done and Trump and Covid accelerated it.

Its going to be fun watching the left and radical left tear Biden to shreds.

Last edited by jazz; Jan 18, 2021, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

I wonder if those who are trying to buy Social License, or trying to appease the radical left will ever clue in that it is a constantly moving goal post, that can never be achieved, they can never be placated.

Just read some of the vitriolic rhetoric coming out of that camp, on either side of the border. These aren't people that can be reasoned with, or negotiated with. We could destroy all wealth creation, transfer all existing wealth to them, and they would still be out for blood.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Nobody supported Trump because he was a good guy or nice person or any of that. They supported him because he was the only guy that could put the knife into globalism and kill that BS once and for all.

He may have done that anyway. Zeihan says globalism is done and Trump and Covid accelerated it.

Listen to the very end of the video. He says the 4 major economic systems we have been debating over the past century plus are not going to work going forward. I've been saying the same. And trying to wrap my head around what it might look like, I've made a few posts on the topic, but they never seem to go anywhere.

We somehow need to get past the idea that full employment is a useful measurement of anything except the lack of productivity per person, or the degree of make work projects.

In an automated world, we need to find a way to motivate the talented, skilled, educated,creative people motivated to keep making. While maintaining a respectable lifestyle and meaningful life for those who honestly are not necessary for functioning of the economy.

In a world where growth is no longer constrained (within reason) by shortages of energy, resources, food, etc. or the technology to grow, extract, refine them, why should our worlwide standard of living be limited by an arbitrary concept of money. Compared to any other time in history when our growth was limited explicitly by resources. Starving, freezing, unable to escape natural forces etc. have limited our growth and population forever, until now.
                  Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 18, 2021, 15:51.

Comment

Here is what I was saying above. Peter Zeihan said the same thing, and entire twitter thread about it if any one here hasn't yet closed their account in protest:
                    Fun fact about Parler:
                    The group that misses it the most is the FBI. Very convenient for the Bureau to have all the would-be violent extremists in one place. Allowed easy monitoring of the entire "community". If Parler gives way to dark web communication, things get harder.
                    https://twitter.com/PeterZeihan/status/1351500517697056770 https://twitter.com/PeterZeihan/status/1351500517697056770

Comment

They already have a right wing extremist watchlist in the US based on recent and archived social media accounts.

When you openly show up at a state capitol wearing camo and brandishing a gun threatening to kidnap and execute the governor or other officials, you make the list.

The smart ones don't give themselves away so easily. Fortunately most of them are not very smart.
                      Last edited by chuckChuck; Jan 19, 2021, 09:17.

Comment

Cant argue with the smart comment.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Cant argue with the smart comment.
                          Chuck's comment?

Comment

http://https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/11/22/new-website-seeks-register-professors-accused-liberal-bias-and-anti-american-values http://https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/11/22/new-website-seeks-register-professors-accused-liberal-bias-and-anti-american-values

i think ? this is the watchlist chuck was referring to
                            good job chuck , had never heard of it , nice to see you exposing liberal extremists also!
                            lots on either side , nice to see this university brainwashing getting called out for what it is

sorry hotlink won't work ? strange , lol
                            here it is;
                            https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/11/22/new-website-seeks-register-professors-accused-liberal-bias-and-anti-american-values
                            Last edited by Guest; Jan 19, 2021, 12:46.

Comment

How to build up the banks of the swamp.

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...