• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

https://responsiblegrain.ca/

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best response is to adamantly ask the group to disband and leave your industry alone.

Comment

Do something or nothing it's coming.
      Outright rejection will see its arrival in its present form or worse.
      Why not a Right To Farm type legislation at same time?

Comment

All I will say on this is its been coming for 20 years the first Canadian on farm food safety program was designed in 2001 and piloted on farm in 2002 we were a pilot project operation and passed the audit.
        HOWEVER giving something and getting nothing in return is a mistake , we're Certified Sustainable Beef and I just got my cheque for the july-sept period which is not huge but its something , on 200 head of calves if they go through cargills program you'd get around 3000.00 this year about only a 1 to 1.25 percent premium over sales value but grain farm with sales of 1 to 2 million should also be able to look to the end user or consumer that wants these programs for that same percentage and receive 10-20 thousand for the paperwork time and effort( and additional costs ) required for such a program.
        Unless feedback is given you'll end up the same place we ended up with the carbon tax, doing all the right things getting taxed anyway and getting no recognition for our efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
          All I will say on this is its been coming for 20 years the first Canadian on farm food safety program was designed in 2001 and piloted on farm in 2002 we were a pilot project operation and passed the audit.
          HOWEVER giving something and getting nothing in return is a mistake , we're Certified Sustainable Beef and I just got my cheque for the july-sept period which is not huge but its something , on 200 head of calves if they go through cargills program you'd get around 3000.00 this year about only a 1 to 1.25 percent premium over sales value but grain farm with sales of 1 to 2 million should also be able to look to the end user or consumer that wants these programs for that same percentage and receive 10-20 thousand for the paperwork time and effort( and additional costs ) required for such a program.
          Unless feedback is given you'll end up the same place we ended up with the carbon tax, doing all the right things getting taxed anyway and getting no recognition for our efforts.

I have to concur.

I just hate fighting a retreat.

Comment

Looks like the Ag More than ever crowd leading the charge. If only we could just get our story to consumers they would love us.

Sustainable grain to the radical left is basically not growing it at all.

Comment

Is this just an extension of the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Crops?

It has been operating quietly for years....

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                Where required by law, soil testing to be done with accordance to provincial requirements?

Yeah, not a road I want to go on.
                We already have that law here in Alberta. If we want feedlot manure, we have to take soil tests to determine the maximum amount of manure per acre we can load on, anad have a current test of the maure to be applied. If not, there can be fines for non-compliance. This might be what they are referring to.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...