• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richardson Pioneer Buys Bison Transport

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't worry too much about Richardson's they will look after themselves they will end up with one of the other major grain companies here right away.

My question is why would farmers get them to haul their grain and pay C - tax and road tax that will be hidden in charges rather than haul their own and avoid all tax on fuel?

Comment

If you buy your seed and fert from them. You will get X number of tonnes free hauling..like their seed promo now.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        If you buy your seed and fert from them. You will get X number of tonnes free hauling..like their seed promo now.
        Still better follow that truck to the terminal.

Comment

P+H and G3 have really snapped up market share in this area. Maybe they think this will help.

Comment

Richardson....Home of the 1% dockage....

Now they can claim Home of the 43 tonne loads....

Comment

Trucking business is going to explode over next decade. Shortline Railway is dying..again

Self driving all electric trucks will drive down cost of OTR trucking and the market is set to flourish. Richardson is always thinking a decade ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                I hate those package deals, you get screwed on all sides. Id rather sell grain to buyer without further commitment, and buy inputs without any stupid rebate programs.

Comment

As a farmer I’m nearly as concerned about this as I would be if I was a small trucking firm that hauls (hauled) product for JRI.........

Comment

How can pioneer manage this, they can't even rent me a fertilizer spreader.

Comment

Or sell me nh3.

Comment

Or sell me seed other than canola.

Comment

Or hire a grader for the goat trail of a driveway

Iceman

Comment

Locally Husky oil has been through several incarnations of ownership of trucking and well services. Eventually they have shut it down and hired it out. Maybe Richardson will make it work but it’s like a farmer owning a flour mill, bakery, and distribution business for their wheat. Sounds romantic and empowering but the proof is in the pudding when you’re strung out doing 5 things poorly and making less money.

Comment

Owning a trucking firm is one thing, finding enough drivers is another. Lots of Santa Clause looking guys on the road these days .

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                                Owning a trucking firm is one thing, finding enough drivers is another. Lots of Santa Clause looking guys on the road these days .
                                Lots of new Canadians, rubber stamp certified, ready to drive those trucks.

"Trained" and "tested" under strict "Canadian standard" regulation.

Oh wait, rules changed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...