• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Ag what's the answer to success?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it seems the price of a new combine and a quarter section have both appreciated by about the same rate since the early 80's. back then a new combine and a quarter section were 120k ish, and now both approaching 1 million. As was mentioned if you sell your land, you better replace it with something else that will continue to increase in value, or pay a return. Cash is a dud.

Comment

Invest money in self contained greenhouses. If this so called reset is to happen food supply will breakdown bigtime. If it wasn't for easy going farmers and truckers it would have already!

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
        $200 per acre cash rent in SW Sask. , Yeah Don't think I will see that down here anytime soon. Not enough rain in this country to get that kind of cash rent.
        Doing damn good to gross that year over year here... DAMN good!

Comment

Jim Rogers comments on this very topic.

Comment

Exactly.

Farma, hope you got that suitcase of 1000's taken care of....
            The central bank says there are still 632,019 of them out there.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	1000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	770647

Comment

Most of my spare cash went into land, I have it buried in mason jars all across the Ghetto.

Only ever had one $1000 bill for shits and giggles. Spent it on bail.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Jim Rogers comments on this very topic.

Actually, I don't like this.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  it seems the price of a new combine and a quarter section have both appreciated by about the same rate since the early 80's. back then a new combine and a quarter section were 120k ish, and now both approaching 1 million. As was mentioned if you sell your land, you better replace it with something else that will continue to increase in value, or pay a return. Cash is a dud.
                  If you think they sell combines for million bucks. I can sell you a couple.

Comment

Found two jars with 500 of these in each of them I think I’ll go buy two quarters nah I’ll leave them in the ground and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                      Actually, I don't like this.
                      I think Rogers is a pretty straight shooter and I think thats a fair assumption that digital currency is coming and that comes with a host of other controls that consumers might not like. When you have devalued currency so bad it costs more to produce and handle the currency than what its worth this is the inevitable outcome.

Comment

The government said they would save lots of money by eliminating the penny....

In fact ....it was not true....

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          I think Rogers is a pretty straight shooter and I think thats a fair assumption that digital currency is coming and that comes with a host of other controls that consumers might not like. When you have devalued currency so bad it costs more to produce and handle the currency than what its worth this is the inevitable outcome.
                          I'm not disagreeing with what he said, just find the implications extremely distasteful.

But maybe it's just strange to value one's independence, if you get my drift?

Comment

https://culliganrealestate.ca/properties/for-sale-large-parcel-of-land-near-burford/

Perfect opportunity for some of you to move east.

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                              https://culliganrealestate.ca/properties/for-sale-large-parcel-of-land-near-burford/

Though the price is right, dairy doesn’t interest me.

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post

Currently operated as a research farm...
                                Does that imply that in the near future it might no longer be a research farm and thus why it is for sale?
                                If so it might be transitioning from a cash cow to a money pit. How big a herd will supply a 108.9 kg quota?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...