• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Years resolutions...... No BS!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop has been the nerve centre of our farm for past 20 years. Built in 2000, 60x100x18. Office, wood shop, gym on upper level and any tool we need. Heavy duty mechanic in my younger years so it has always been my passion. Current projects are restoring two classic trucks (Kenworth W900 and 379 Peterbilt) Plan is to convert existing shop into 100 %wood working shop that my wife and I can build fine furniture in which we both enjoy. An existing 70x140 cold storage will become new mechanic / truck shop with wash bay. Currently building a long anticipated new service truck that i can enjoy in my twilight years. Not missing travelling one bit this winter as I get to spend more time on my projects and snowmobiling with family and friends.

Comment

Fun little tool purchased years ago was an iron worker from haukass manufacturing. Amazing little machine for fabrication. It was originally designed I was told by a company called talon tool which was owned by a gentleman by the name of Olaf Frigstad who some of you may have heard of

Comment

The youguns kept their noses in the shop from the saggy diaper age, built go-carts and were kept right beside dad, uncle, grandpa in the favorite meeting place- the shop. Today everyone whatever their “real” profession, can rip down and rebuild anything. oh, and itsstill the meeting place, need recliner as dad is now Papa. Now 10 yr old grandkids are hanging around, they learn valuable life skills and will soon bring their friends.

Comment

Been to a couple of shops where the only grease on the owners hands was from the deer fryer. Those shops are a lotta fun ! They do hire independent wrench pullers, save on shop rates and transport costs.

Comment

Our shop is definitely the center of the yard. 50x80 built in ‘95 and used every day. With cows the tractors need to roll whenever required.
            It does everything from bringing in cold calves during calving, rebuilding equipment, family reunions, even our wedding reception was in there. Need to do another party in there so it gets cleaned up again.

Cheaper than a new piece of iron and more multipurpose. Just need to keep it organized........ sometimes easier said than done. 🍀

Comment

Originally posted by highwayman View Post
              Fun little tool purchased years ago was an iron worker from haukass manufacturing. Amazing little machine for fabrication. It was originally designed I was told by a company called talon tool which was owned by a gentleman by the name of Olaf Frigstad who some of you may have heard of
              Lots of Scotchman ironworkers on ebay to give you an idea on cost.

Can be a very popular tool (toy?) Save lots of time and effort and turn out professional looking work.

35-45ton good size for any shop. Take note of the power requirment (230V?)
              If you pick one up at a closeout auction be sure you bid on the punches/dies.
              Last edited by shtferbrains; Jan 3, 2021, 10:16.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...