• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richest Countries

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richest Countries

Something to ponder into the new yr. Little ole Canada and Australia, countries only a few hundred years old and a fraction of the population of other countries including some with 2000+ yrs of history, and our net worth is right there with them.

China and india have 30 times our population and have had endless growth in the past 25 yrs and yet their net worth is only 7.5 times and 1.5 times respectively greater than our net worth. Our net worth exceeds even Russia.

I can only assume this valuation is due abundance of natural resources because we arent tech power houses, or old established societies nor are we seeing the capital influx of someplace like china building massive infrastructure or the US which is a magnet for capital as well.

Per capita;

Switzerland $484,625
    HK $408,800
    USA $330,187
    Australia $288,080
    Canada $231,703
    Netherlands $218,765
    UK $214,045
    France $204,910
    Japan $198,349
    Italy $189,300
    Germany $176,627
    Taiwan $176,609
    Spain $165,362
    SK $143,176
    China $46,251
    Mexico $21,268
    Russia $21,194
    Brazil $16,675
    India $9,141

Click image for larger version

Name:	canada net.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	779560

Spain and italy?

Wonder how they come about the figures.

Yep agree can oz resource rich tapped and untapped and small population

Comment

I suspect the reason that commies are targeting The Western World, destroying the very resources that make our standard of living a possibility. If they stop use of coal, oil, uranium in US, the monster nation will be crippled beyond our their wildest dreams. Go Greta.

Comment

I’m surprised that Mexico and India made the list. I don’t see Norway, Sweden, Saudi Arabia and probably few more that don’t come to mind right now.

Comment

Wow to Switzerland.

Not sure what metrics are used in the calculation and if it's just individual net worth or includes more than that but would be interesting to see if you took the top 1% out if the rest would still rank the same.

Comment

Thank you gido for getting on that boat.

Comment

Goog one, Makar. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                Thank you gido for getting on that boat.
                Ya, I guess.

That boat took my ancestry out of Switzerland and the Palatinate.

But then the ones that stayed likely ended up getting burned alive, beheaded or drowned.

So, ya, Thank you Great, Great Grandpa. Thank you very, very much!

I wonder though, if we might err in assessing our fortunate place in life by using a material yardstick only.

And by focusing on only that which we see.

Is the New Year going to perhaps shake that perception up a bit?

Comment

Funny if my Grandfather never left Germany way way back would he have fought against my other grandfather in Europe and each could have been taken out.

Comment

According to history books my clan spent a fare bit of time fighting off Vikings and Englishmen. So who do i have as neighbors now, Icelanders ( ranchers ) dairy farmers ( English ) Huts and Amish ( German- Russian ). Seems we would just miss each other if living apart!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                      According to history books my clan spent a fare bit of time fighting off Vikings and Englishmen. So who do i have as neighbors now, Icelanders ( ranchers ) dairy farmers ( English ) Huts and Amish ( German- Russian ). Seems we would just miss each other if living apart!
                      Now that is profoundly funny!

Can any of you still sharpen swords? (Well obviously not the Amish, LOL)

Comment

I have a dull axe from chopping around the watering bowel !

Comment

This shows a couple things.

1. Resources linked by infrastructure create wealth, condos dont.

2. And adding more people to an economy might create higher GDP churn, but they can also dilute net worth as we can see in India and China.

Switzerland is obviously on the list for their role in WW2 and being an offshoring industry for the 1%. Because they produce nothing else but watches and skiers.

Dont know much about hong kong. Spain and Italy have govt debts in the 130% of gdp range so maybe thats influencing those numbers. Japans debt is 230%.

And yes surprised Norway and Saudi are not on there, but if you think about it those are one trick ponys compared to Canada.

Now if you could take this chart and slap our PM upside the head with it.
                          Last edited by jazz; Jan 1, 2021, 09:47.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            Lets make friendly wager. So cases are spiking, no treatment, no vaccine forthcoming, which means this will take yrs to resolve. Even vaccinating the entire world would take many years. Herd immunity not happening.

So this should be dominating the news cycle for at least that long. If this is still the lead story Jan 1 2021 I will delete my account and you can crow all you want. But if I am right....
                            Jazz, I see your word is as good as your predictions. Covid is still the leading story today yet you have not deleted your account as you claimed you would do.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                              Jazz, I see your word is as good as your predictions. Covid is still the leading story today yet you have not deleted your account as you claimed you would do.
                              You can delete my account anytime dml. Just put me on ignore Same thing to you isnt it?

We have nothing in common anyway except we both farm. Happy New yr.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...