• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From my herd to yours..........

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my herd to yours..........

Had breakfast and presents this morning. Now back to reality and the cows are playing nice as is the weather. I’ve never minded chores on today as long as it’s warmer than -20 or so.

Hats off to everyone out feeding critters today. My sidekick would rather be with me than playing with his new toys.

Steak, homemade perogies, blueberry cheesecake and a new bottle of blackberry moonshine on the menu for supper tonight .............Yum!🍻

Anyone else out choring?

Originally posted by woodland View Post
    Had breakfast and presents this morning. Now back to reality and the cows are playing nice as is the weather. I’ve never minded chores on today as long as it’s warmer than -20 or so.

Hats off to everyone out feeding critters today. My sidekick would rather be with me than playing with his new toys.

Steak, homemade perogies, blueberry cheesecake and a new bottle of blackberry moonshine on the menu for supper tonight .............Yum!🍻

Anyone else out choring?
    Got everybody fed here, then got stuck trying to get to the straw stack, abandoned ship and came home for lunch. Feed with a pickup and bale deck, snow drifted pretty good yesterday and havent plowed it out again. Now off to go dig myself out! Fun times on the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
      Got everybody fed here, then got stuck trying to get to the straw stack, abandoned ship and came home for lunch. Feed with a pickup and bale deck, snow drifted pretty good yesterday and havent plowed it out again. Now off to go dig myself out! Fun times on the farm.
      You got more snow than us obviously. Usually New Year’s Day is when the waterers freeze, tires go flat, hitches break, and anything else you could imagine..........

The kids got fishing rods today but I think you’ll need some bigger hooks for your fishing trip 😉

Comment

You got more snow than us obviously. Usually New Year’s Day is when the waterers freeze, tires go flat, hitches break, and anything else you could imagine..........

The kids got fishing rods today but I think you’ll need some bigger hooks for your fishing trip 😉
        Really didnt have much snow left until a couple days ago we got 10" and then yesterday it was 6C and really strong wind, made some pretty hard drifts and they are pretty hard to see until it's too late.

I got a new fly rod for Christmas too, your kids are likely better fishermen than I am though! unti

Comment

I was out and about feeding this morning, then into town for a big feed, just got home. Time for a food coma nap before I have to go back out.

Little dude was in his tub again. Favourite snoozing spot of calves.

And Willow was trying to nap during chores but the geese are noisy beasts and kept interrupting.

Growing up one of the favourite parts about visiting the grandparents farm for Christmas was the chores. Half the time we also processed cattle too as everyone was around to help.

Comment

Nice Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
              Really didnt have much snow left until a couple days ago we got 10" and then yesterday it was 6C and really strong wind, made some pretty hard drifts and they are pretty hard to see until it's too late.

I got a new fly rod for Christmas too, your kids are likely better fishermen than I am though! unti
              They’ve only been out fishing once with my FIL. I’ve been thinking of getting a boat to take them out tubing as well. My uncle and aunt have taken them out a few times and they really like it. Got a decent lake 20 minutes away and should take advantage of it. I have many fond memories of fishing with my grandparents and hopefully I can create some of those with my own kids.

Maybe if the yearlings sell better than I’m expecting................😉

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                I was out and about feeding this morning, then into town for a big feed, just got home. Time for a food coma nap before I have to go back out.

Little dude was in his tub again. Favourite snoozing spot of calves.

And Willow was trying to nap during chores but the geese are noisy beasts and kept interrupting.

Growing up one of the favourite parts about visiting the grandparents farm for Christmas was the chores. Half the time we also processed cattle too as everyone was around to help.
                Never seen a calf sleep in a tub. Sometimes the quirks of critters is quite comical. Like the how last cow of the bunch when moving them usually is the same.

Very unique

Comment

Never seen a calf sleep in a tub. Sometimes the quirks of critters is quite comical. Like the how last cow of the bunch when moving them usually is the same.

Very unique
                  Every year the calves love that tub. It’s all broken and cracked, which is how they can get in it, and we should throw it out. But it’s handy when we need another tub and the calves do enjoy it. They’ll sleep in it when it’s half full, they’ll sleep in it when it’s empty. Must be a good wind block.

Here he is the second day we had him and he’d already found it 😂

Comment

And one from this past spring.

Probably have at least one photo a year from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                      Every year the calves love that tub. It’s all broken and cracked, which is how they can get in it, and we should throw it out. But it’s handy when we need another tub and the calves do enjoy it. They’ll sleep in it when it’s half full, they’ll sleep in it when it’s empty. Must be a good wind block.

Here he is the second day we had him and he’d already found it 😂
                      Nice chickens too. That was a mighty fine supper, flavours gallore, wild blueberries? And no wild mushrooms?

Comment

Gawd its strange.
                        24 years since milk cows, 17 years since any cows, 9 since any critters.
                        And yet every morning in the winter when looking out the window the first thought is something to do with those responsibilities. Yesterday was above freezing, a Xmas gift for cleaning, feeding, etc. Can't lose where you're from I guess.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...