• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What % of your canola crop is left to sell?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold calls in cold weather are a non starter.

I love your style, bucket.

Comment

I don’t think that a few randoms, talking about what’s sold or not sold will impact anyone’s future positions in the markets. Only paint brush stroke I can make is that the remaining canola is in very strong hands, and won’t be parted with easily or unfairly.

The export to date numbers speak for them selves. Trouble is the monopoly has the full production numbers and take market advantages of growers by not divulging forward sales. Farmers are in a captive market place and that is unfair to growers and Canadian taxpayers. It really is another subsidy to foreign interest vs domestic interests.

This issue requires unified support from all farm commodity groups. Hopefully this year proves why.

What a beautiful day today, brightest daylight and cleanest crisp air, wow.

Merry Christmas

Comment

I won't argue your points but it is time farmers started getting more information ..not just giving it away......I am doing cropping plans now ...it would be nice to see forward sales to help with logistics ...no sense in growing something that isn't going to move...

Comment

Exactly, and that’s what we need to do is plan, anticipate and execute. It would be nice to know why and what the risks are? Speaking of risks, we do have programming right

Comment

For those holding still and have not sold anything I would send a strong caution. Remember what has happened in the past? If you can get $14+ why wouldn't you get to 50% or slightly better. If it keeps going up that's a good thing. If it's crashes it is still a good thing if you sold some at this levels

The stock markets will crash hard by the end of the 2nd week of Jan very shortly and commodities will follow. The system cannot sustain itself with printed money, borrowed money and 10-25% less people working. I will take my grain sales $ and make money in stocks rebound than I will in upside of grain markets.

I think you can guess where I am at and if it does go up I will sell 10% every week until then and save last 20% for a buffer

Comment

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
              For those holding still and have not sold anything I would send a strong caution. Remember what has happened in the past? If you can get $14+ why wouldn't you get to 50% or slightly better. If it keeps going up that's a good thing. If it's crashes it is still a good thing if you sold some at this levels

The stock markets will crash hard by the end of the 2nd week of Jan very shortly and commodities will follow. The system cannot sustain itself with printed money, borrowed money and 10-25% less people working. I will take my grain sales $ and make money in stocks rebound than I will in upside of grain markets.

I think you can guess where I am at and if it does go up I will sell 10% every week until then and save last 20% for a buffer
              Good advice...always thinking that way but never act on it...I have to make a decision on flax...my first contract was for 14.69 thinking it would move off the combine....nope...its now been quoted at 18.50 picked up....dont know why I am sitting on my hands...

Sad part is I would have sold everything off the combine for 14.69 and been very happy and I would have been delivering into a 18+ market......but I have to make up for bins and double the handling ...now I have to think like the families in Winnipeg....greedy like..
              Last edited by bucket; Dec 25, 2020, 10:55.

Comment

I’m still in the camp for at least $15.00 canola, plan on holding and not making my first sale until then. We may see a pull back in January with the first USDA report in 2021, but the fact remains that there is a shortage of edible oil in the world and canola stocks will be in short supply if we keep at the present pace of exporting and crush. Demand will have to be rationed and price will go up. It would take a black swan event to stop this rally, let’s hope we don’t have a railway strike or blockade.

The stock market has baffled me so far, I’m about 50% cash right now due to selling earlier this month, down 5% so far on my cash. Been wanting for a correction but market seems to just keep going up. Most stocks are way overvalued and due for a big correction.

Comment

100% sold by $12.00. And you know what I was thrilled to get $12. 40% sold next year at 11.50. I can personally make the market rally by selling. You are all welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
                    100% sold by $12.00. And you know what I was thrilled to get $12. 40% sold next year at 11.50. I can personally make the market rally by selling. You are all welcome.
                    And IF I don't sell...down she goes! Pay me to sell!

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
                      Thanks for taking one for the team. Procrastinating “might” pay off this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...