• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HST refund , question for Mr. Burnt or others?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST refund , question for Mr. Burnt or others?

do you get the provincial sales tax portion back also on a farm in Ont. on an HST refund ?
    here we just get the GST back and Sask party is taxing near everything , even used vehicles , over , and over and over again
    some parts are exempt like tractors , but not trucks (semi's)
    a new farm shop here for example would have 6% tax on it as well as GST

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    do you get the provincial sales tax portion back also on a farm in Ont. on an HST refund ?
    here we just get the GST back and Sask party is taxing near everything , even used vehicles , over , and over and over again
    some parts are exempt like tractors , but not trucks (semi's)
    a new farm shop here for example would have 6% tax on it as well as GST
    CASEIH fyi on your sk pst as an Albertan when I buy something there if I pick it up I don't have to pay pst but if I buy it and have someone else pick it up I do pay it. Doesnt make a bunch of sense to me?

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
      CASEIH fyi on your sk pst as an Albertan when I buy something there if I pick it up I don't have to pay pst but if I buy it and have someone else pick it up I do pay it. Doesnt make a bunch of sense to me?
      im surprised they don't make you pay in person also
      money hungry bastards
      can you apply to get it back ?

Comment

One minor point for you to keep in mind for the future before I get to your main question - once something is burnt, there ain't no mister left.

We reclaim the whole 13%HST - fed and prov - on eligible purchases. That includes most farm-related stuff, like parts and some equipment.

But only on the farm-used portion of gasoline, vehicle purchases and stuff like that.

I'm not familiar with the whole list of refundable purchases - not my department.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          im surprised they don't make you pay in person also
          money hungry bastards
          can you apply to get it back ?
          Not much of a provision to get it back I dont think afterwards. I think if you buy a vehicle and provide proof of registration at home you can get it back. Cant avoid paying it while you are there on hotels and such.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...