• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You want to compete against a US treasury??????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you suggesting Canada mirrors the USA farm crop insurance programs and prevent plant programs?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Are you suggesting Canada mirrors the USA farm crop insurance programs and prevent plant programs?
      I think there is something to be learned from how they treat their farmers in the states.

As usual I don't know all the details of the programs but having SFA in Canada is not healthy in the long run for canadian farmers...

Direct payments seem to be fairly common lately in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        I think there is something to be learned from how they treat their farmers in the states.

As usual I don't know all the details of the programs but having SFA in Canada is not healthy in the long run for canadian farmers...

Direct payments seem to be fairly common lately in the states.
        Do you realize farm bankruptcies in 2019 were a all time high since the great depression in the Mid west.How are they better off?

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
          Do you realize farm bankruptcies in 2019 were a all time high since the great depression in the Mid west.How are they better off?
          That is interesting ..even with all the money that has been thrown at them????

And how are Canadian farms doing in comparison????

Comment

Chuck that was the stupidest comment you ever made. Skippy pissed away almost half a trillion in Less than a year

Comment

That is interesting ..even with all the money that has been thrown at them????

And how are Canadian farms doing in comparison????
              Grass is always greener comes to mind here.

The dairy industry down there is in shambles, has been for years. (Big reason why I stick up for supply management when everyone else complains).

Those big corn yields sound so great at 200bu plus per acre but their annual rents would outright buy land in some places. It's the same story of dumb farmers, we do it to ourselves everytime, if we are making money we just spend more.

And when you travel around I'm always amazed at how much poor land is in the states. Helmsdale's area (No disrespect) is the garden of eden compared to lots of dry areas down there.

You aren't gonna like it when I say it, but perhaps the government subsidies have created a basket case of american farmers.

If you got x amout of dollars what would you do with it? If you say buy equipment or land it defeats your objective because it just increases our costs, if you said save it or spend it on non farm stuff then it would be ok but that would be a minority of farmers.

Comment

I chuckle to myself when I hear people complain about subsidy payments being capitalized into land prices etc. Yet it's a good idea for investors, many who never made a cent of their liquid cash in Agriculture, to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  Chuck that was the stupidest comment you ever made. Skippy pissed away almost half a trillion in Less than a year
                  Chuck was being a smartass but hes not wrong. Does it make sense to give us money as an industry and then increase our taxes to pay it back? A significant portion of the covid dollars have went to people who don't, and likely wont pay taxes, that leaves the rest of us on the hook. Poor spending by the government shouldnt be a reason to ask them to do more poor spending.

Comment

If you got x amout of dollars what would you do with it? If you say buy equipment or land it defeats your objective because it just increases our costs, if you said save it or spend it on non farm stuff then it would be ok but that would be a minority of farmers

Not major equipment purchases....not land ...i am quite happy with my land base...just use it for some changes I have been putting off ...

Not looking for a lottery win....just something that says farmers are as important to the economy as all the secondary industries getting money from Protein Industries Canada ...if those industries are supported so should be farmers...

Comment

Both of you are ? Chuck and gdr

Sorry but stating a fact.

USA farmers are sad and basket cases please.

When we went south as a young guy to visit the family they were behind us up until around the late 70s then the change took place and we became the basket case.

Skippy just pissed away half a trillion in less than 6 months and he is coming after all farmers to pay it back.

Chuck knows that?

If we would of got something for his screw up with China for my loss that he caused that would of been enough.

Stick ag stab up boboo Ass it’s that useless of a program
                      Last edited by SASKFARMER; Dec 21, 2020, 19:44.

Comment

There are farms that with each member having a company got multiples of the CEBA payment....then they used the government grant money to make their agri-invest payment ...government money to get more government money...
                        I wonder how many businesses(any who received CEBA Cash, not just Ag) will have to borrow the unforgivable portion to in order to take advantage of the forgivable portion. Like taking a loan to pay a loan, or like credit card balance transfers... it might almost be that stupid. In that case, I think there might be alot of folded tents....the circus will be over!

What percentage will:

1- Repay the forgivable portion by the prescribed due date.
                        2- Take a loan to repay the forgivable portion
                        3- Walk away. And claim bankruptcy.
                        4- Hope the Gov writes off the whole thing.

Comment

Small business will be forced to fold the tent.

Others will take a loan to pay it back.

It’s a sad day for Canadians and then skippy throws on a stupid carbon tax and clean fool standard.

Comment

Going to cash the check if i get it. Covid stopped some of my cattle sales in spring so i had lots of out of pocket costs,feed,fuel and labour etc. Grain side not so much however getting some parts has been a problem and still waitng for some. And its looks like this shitshow is far from over. I'm a STO by todays standards but lots of people on my payroll,bankers seed reps local trucker mechanics fuel guy insurance company several parts guys etc. etc. Plan on sticking around so sure gov will get most back.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...