• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Believe it or Not

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or Not

I enjoy all the different threads (especially during Covid winter) where I learn at the Agriville School of Useless Information 👩🏻*🎓🧑🏿*🎓

For a start: Did you know that 10,000 years ago the Sahara Desert was green and lush?

250 years ago there was nothing here but Buffalo , indigenous peoples, and prairie .....the carbon emissions were as insignificant then as they are today...

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      I enjoy all the different threads (especially during Covid winter) where I learn at the Agriville School of Useless Information 👩🏻*🎓🧑🏿*🎓

For a start: Did you know that 10,000 years ago the Sahara Desert was green and lush?
      Yes I did,

just more proof, the earth's climate has always been changing !

just like your farm was under a mile thick layer of ice, at one point in history.

Comment

The moderators should stop and remove this thread on the basis of facts being presented in short form without long cut and paste....

Comment

10,000 years ago this farm was under 200 ft of water. Dad bought farm 60 years ago FCC still classified land unfit for ag use. Land scramble now 2500-3000 acre. After 10,000 years cel service still sucks! Time to bunkfeed.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            250 years ago there was nothing here but Buffalo , indigenous peoples, and prairie .....the carbon emissions were as insignificant then as they are today...
            Carbon emissions were far higher based on per capita.
            I've heard it say, there were as many or more buffalo in Canada than the current cattle herd.
            Also what's faded from the revised history of the indigenous people, is that each year they started thousands of fires in their attempt to find food. These fires, once lit, would burn for days or weeks, with only nature able to put them out. When my great grandparents came here to farm in SE Sask there wasn't a tree for miles. It wasn't till farmers started to plow the land which acted as fire breaks, that trees made a huge come back. Outside of the Regina plains, a lot of SE Sask is considered cattle country because of it's buffs and ravines. Oh ya, did I mention we have trees now ! don't they help with carbon too.

Comment

Good point. Yes per capita is the fairest...(sarcasm)
              Beaverdam, could you work up a chart showing the per capita CO2 released into the atmosphere over the centuries? I am thinking this will reveal who is really to blame for the mess we are in now...(sarcasm again)

Comment

. Oh ya, did I mention we have trees now ! don't they help with carbon too.

They do....phucktard Trudeau wants to plant a billion trees....not one has been planted under his plan.

Comment

Its amazing that every explorer came through this area and basically told govt not to f around in the Palliser because it will kill you and now here we are with a multi billion dollar industry built right on it.

There are very few places in the world tamed like this. Most civilization is clinging to small temperate patches along oceans and rivers and well protected from extremes. Even most of US ag is east of the 100th meridian.
                  Last edited by jazz; Dec 18, 2020, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                    Carbon emissions were far higher based on per capita.
                    I've heard it say, there were as many or more buffalo in Canada than the current cattle herd.
                    Also what's faded from the revised history of the indigenous people, is that each year they started thousands of fires in their attempt to find food. These fires, once lit, would burn for days or weeks, with only nature able to put them out. When my great grandparents came here to farm in SE Sask there wasn't a tree for miles. It wasn't till farmers started to plow the land which acted as fire breaks, that trees made a huge come back. Outside of the Regina plains, a lot of SE Sask is considered cattle country because of it's buffs and ravines. Oh ya, did I mention we have trees now ! don't they help with carbon too.
                    North American Bison herd is estimated at being no higher than 75 million I believe. The more likely number is accepted as being much lower.

Current North American cattle herd is over 120 million.

Yes there was more Bison than there are cattle in Canada, but the herd did not stick to just Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                      North American Bison herd is estimated at being no higher than 75 million I believe. The more likely number is accepted as being much lower.

Current North American cattle herd is over 120 million.

Yes there was more Bison than there are cattle in Canada, but the herd did not stick to just Canada.
                      Interesting facts ...didn't know the bison herd was that large and was decimated to near extinction...amazing really that in that time period they killed the equivalent of the cattle herd in Canada ....

Comment

This tread and some posts reminds me of the Bible....

Comment

Interesting facts ...didn't know the bison herd was that large and was decimated to near extinction...amazing really that in that time period they killed the equivalent of the cattle herd in Canada ....
                          I think the estimates go anywhere from around 10 million to up to 65 and 75 million. Most accepted size is in the 30 range maybe? Been a while since I looked it up so numbers might be a bit off but something like that.

Either way the Bison numbers didn’t compete with current cattle numbers. Not surprising though.

Passenger Pigeons are another one, when you really think of the numbers of them that were around, yet they went extinct quickly. Makes you realize how much of an impact people can have in short periods of time.

Comment

. Oh ya, did I mention we have trees now ! don't they help with carbon too.

They do....phucktard Trudeau wants to plant a billion trees....not one has been planted under his plan.
                            While these f u c k I n g green idiots cut them down to make wood pellets to replace natural gas ??

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              While these f u c k I n g green idiots cut them down to make wood pellets to replace natural gas ??
                              Anyone that would cheer a govt plan to plant 2B trees in the name of climate change is an absolute idiot including our drooling media class and low IQ city voters.

Canada has 300B trees already. Thats almost 10,000 trees per person.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...