• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk

I know Mr. Sheep really likes big game around but when a herd of about 50 elk find a grain bag it leave a really sick feeling in you stomach! I was about 35 years old before I had even seen an elk and now they are everywhere. Hanging out in pea crops all summer and craping over everything.
    So much for us farmers being tough on the environment, here we are just over run with Elk, moose, white tail deer, mule deer, bear, coons and the list goes on and on.

Bummer. And like cows in the chop bin no way to keep them out. Friggin bags.

Comment

There is an app for that. It fires lead projectiles.

Comment

When the elk threaten a bag at a friend of mine he parks an old pick up beside the bag with the motor running and the lights on with the radio playing till they get it picked up.

Comment

By highway 49 close to kelvington.
          Way to many of these..

Comment

Looks like about 60 in that herd, we were getting quite a few around here 15 years ago and I think someone shot them all, still a few around but not many.

Comment

And they had to truck that vermin here in the 60s.

Comment

We had to quit bags north of town
                South ok
                Elk are the most destructive animal there is
                Only solution is to pick them up or gut one beside the bag
                Natives can help with that
                Those two cricks are a real spot for them where you are , looks like roads they have

Comment

Yes elk are very destructive. I have had leaf cutter bee shelters just trashed some falls when bulls challenge them. One bull had punched his antlers through a Polly shelter and got then caught. He dragged that shelter in circles for miles until he finally managed to shake it loose. Not sure if that one challenge any more shelters.

Comment

The neighbours who bag are already dealing with deer tearing them open. Wait till the two herds of 30+ that are currently enjoying my corn and the other neighbours bales figure out what those white snakes are.

Still dealing with ducks here.

Gotta blow it up but there’s thousands here. The joys of having a thousand acre hot tub year round.

I wish the queen would take care of her wildlife or allow me to do it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...