• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hows That Science Working Out?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows That Science Working Out?

Looks like science created a nation of obese diabetics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EpXaFjkWMAA5xp_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	779549

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Looks like science created a nation of obese diabetics.

[ATTACH]7227[/ATTACH]
    Less tiers(tears)
    Top of pyramid = less carbs.
    Huge base of fibrous fruits and veggies supporting proteins.

Comment

Social media, video games and TV are responsible for the most part, I doubt that our food guide had much to do with obesity.

Comment

No carbs equals no energy.

Comment

When people did real "work"(defined as physical activity) for a living they needed the "fuel" to burn..... not so much anymore.

Comment

What does science have to do with people who would sooner eat fast food rather than cook a nutritious meal.

Stop looking for Government direction Jazz and figure out for yourself what is good healthy food to eat.

Comment

Comment

I wonder if the obesity has anything to do with the gluten in our breads. What are bakers putting in there to bring the shelf life higher. In the old days a piece of bread got mouldy in a few days, now it takes a couple of weeks. Also heard of people with a gluten allergie going to Europe and have no problem eating their bread

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
                  I wonder if the obesity has anything to do with the gluten in our breads. What are bakers putting in there to bring the shelf life higher. In the old days a piece of bread got mouldy in a few days, now it takes a couple of weeks. Also heard of people with a gluten allergie going to Europe and have no problem eating their bread
                  Our homemade bread does not mold after three days. Mainly because a loaf last our family approximately 25 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    What does science have to do with people who would sooner eat fast food rather than cook a nutritious meal.

Stop looking for Government direction Jazz and figure out for yourself what is good healthy food to eat.
                    I dont see mcdonalds on that pyramid forage.

That pyramid was pushed on everyone back in the day, govt, scientists, health and nutrition experts. Nobody went looking for anything. This was even taught in schools. I remember coloring it back in grade school.

Stop idolizing science as perfect. They are far from it. What we dont know is about 1000x larger than what we do.

How many people died prematurely from following this govt health advice?
                    Last edited by jazz; Dec 16, 2020, 10:00.

Comment

i noticed that too? have a niece that has celeriac allergies and went to Europe and could eat all there bread and pastries but cant eat them here!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        I dont see mcdonalds on that pyramid forage.

That pyramid was pushed on everyone back in the day, govt, scientists, health and nutrition experts. Nobody went looking for anything. This was even taught in schools. I remember coloring it back in grade school.

Stop idolizing science as perfect. They are far from it. What we dont know is about 1000x larger than what we do.

How many people died prematurely from following this govt health advice?
                        Wait. This science that knows everything just discovered a new whale species. A WHALE. Not an orchid or a shrew hiding in a rainforest somewhere. A flipping new WHALE. lol

But science knows everything!

Comment

Has Canada stopped exporting wheat to Europe?

I once pointed out the shelf life of a bought loaf of bread compared to homemade to my neighbor.

He felt it was a victory that a loaf of bought bread can sit on the cupboard for 10 days without going mouldy.

Somehow I don't feel the same way about it.

Food issues go beyond just producing the raw ingredients. Maybe it's time for the earth muffins to look a little closer to their mouths!!!!! Aka, what they're putting in them and how processed it is.

Comment

The foods we eat today must be produced under strict quality control regimens based on scientifically backed health standards.

You must not question it.

If you do, you are a science denier. And a Luddite too, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                              Probably not the best idea posting a picture of your wife on a social media platform, as every bodies going to figure out who you really are.

Not going to able hide behind GOODRUM anymore. OOOPS!
                              Last edited by foragefarmer; Dec 16, 2020, 12:21.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...