• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

apples to apples

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks goodrum and who ever put your stats together. ALL is perspective and comparing outcomes. Every death is someone's loss. How the numbers are tallied is THE question. All can be edited, fudged, adjusted for effect. The first problem is believing the accuracy of scary covid numbers.

Comment

President-elect Bow Legs
      @legs_bow
      ·
      Dec 16
      Only 4 people are allowed to meet for Christmas Day, but 10 people are allowed to gather for a funeral.
      Therefore, we will be holding a funeral for our pet Turkey named "Butterball," who will pass away on December 24, 2020.
      Side dishes in lieu of flowers appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Well a couple fresh suicides to add to the total.

[ATTACH]7232[/ATTACH]
        A tragedy, but the point? Suicides occurred before covid and will occur after. They are preventable. There are many things that trigger suicide , please keep in touch with people at risk and try to get them help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          So wearing or not wearing a mask is a risk? Do you think I or you should have the right to use our own thoughts on this and do what is right for us?

Give us an American perspective. We’re all waiting.
          Mask wearing is a risk? Give me a break. There are many occupations which require the wearing of masks from health care workers, to elevator employees. Depending on the risk, there is a difference in the mask quality needed to mitigate (not 100% prevent) the risk.

With any right there also comes responsibility. Yet I have to see any anti masker willing to take responsibility if they pass the covid on to someone else. If you truly feel it is your god given right to not wear a mask when they are PROVEN to reduce the risk of Covid infection, you should also be willing to assume responsibility if you pass on Covid to someone else if you refuse to mask when risk mitigation calls for it. If someone dies of Covid and that infection can be traced back to you should should bear financial responsibility for causing that death if not wearing a mandated mask. It is no different than knowing driving through a stop sign and killing a bus load of hockey players. You may have the "right" to drive a truck based on earning the licence, but you also have the responsibility to abide by driving laws like stopping at stop signs and if you don't do so you those affected by your actions such as the family who has lost someone should have the right to sue.

You don't want to wear a mask. Stay home. Simple
          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Dec 17, 2020, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Thanks goodrum and who ever put your stats together. ALL is perspective and comparing outcomes. Every death is someone's loss. How the numbers are tallied is THE question. All can be edited, fudged, adjusted for effect. The first problem is believing the accuracy of scary covid numbers.
            Interesting to note ordering of body bags and refridgeration trailers in California . If death numbers were down why would they need them?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
              There is one major problem with Goodrums rant. Not one of the other causes of death he compares numbers for is contagious. Cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's, diabetes, strokes are not contagious diseases! I will not run the risk of catching any of these diseases simply by exposure to someone who has them.
              Flu is contagious, but he admits he does not know the number of deaths from flu and we also know Covid is more deadly than the flu depending upon age.
              Suicide is not contagious. Just because I am in close contact with some who later commits suicide does not put me at greater risk of suicide unless I am already prone to killing myself.

Yes there are risks to everything in life but it is my choice to take those health risks should I decide to smoke, or become overweight, or participate in extreme sports, or even drive. Even then the government already tries to reduce those risks by limiting cigarette sales to adults and not allowing smoking indoors, speed limits, and getting drunk drivers off the road because those actions by others can impact my health just as they are trying to limit the spread of an NOVEL INFECTIOUS DISEASE.

More importantly, Covid has a long incubation period and can be spread by asymptotic carriers thereby greatly increasing the risk of transmission and of becoming ill than happens with the flu.

If you think Covid death is equivalent to deaths from any of the other causes Goodrum lists, ask yourself why over 1000 doctors and nurses in the US have already died from Covid. How many doctors and nurses have died treating patients for any of the other causes of death listed.
              dmlfarmer stay home if you are worried let the rest do our own thing

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
                dmlfarmer stay home if you are worried let the rest do our own thing
                tubs just wondering if you have the same attitude about drinking and driving? So you feel the onus should be on sober drivers to stay off the road if they do not want to risk being hit by someone driving drunk and not the responsibility of the person breaking the law by drinking and driving to stay home?

Comment

tubs just wondering if you have the same attitude about drinking and driving? So you feel the onus should be on sober drivers to stay off the road if they do not want to risk being hit by someone driving drunk and not the responsibility of the person breaking the law by drinking and driving to stay home?
                  Non sequitur.

AKA - gaslighting.

A strong sign of a weak argument.

But you already knew that, didn't you dml.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    Non sequitur.

AKA - gaslighting.

A strong sign of a weak argument.

But you already knew that, didn't you dml.
                    Burnt, how was my argument a non sequitur? I stated that a person should follow the rules and wear a mask to mitigate covid risk or stay home. tubs turned that around and said I should stay home and he should be able to do what he wants (ignore covid mitigation rules). I want to know if tubs feels that an individual should have the right to ignore rules extends to other risk mitigating rules such as drinking and driving. This is not a non sequitur or gaslighting. Nor is it a weak argument. Your jumping in and name calling and insinuation of me "knowing" is closer to the definition of gaslighting than my question of tubs

Comment

Thousands die from medical errors every year.
                      CBC says 18000 a year in Canada.
                      Covid is currently in the under 14000. Quebec claims a large share.
                      Does that mean if you see a Dr about Covid there is more chance he will kill you than the Covid?
                      How are the odds if your under 30?
                      Life is full of risks.
                      Mostly we can make our own assessment. Occasionally somethings get blown out of proportion, usualy by goverment.
                      BSE really got me. Don't eat Beef,you will die a horrible death.
                      But I do remember the kiss you ass goodby civil defence drills when in grade 3.They told us to watch for the atomic flash in bumfock sask.

Goverments love to protect us from doom.

Comment

Your inherent human rights are enshrined in the constitution and charter of freedoms. You do not have to give any reciprocal fealty to exercise your rights. Discrimination based on faulty public orders would fall square into that realm.

There is nothing in that document saying you have to do anything in exchange to get your rights protected. You have to obey the laws of the land. Public health orders are not laws and were not passed by any of our elected representatives. They are illegal by their very nature.

dml needs a little brush up on the law.

Comment

Burnt, how was my argument a non sequitur? I stated that a person should follow the rules and wear a mask to mitigate covid risk or stay home. tubs turned that around and said I should stay home and he should be able to do what he wants (ignore covid mitigation rules). I want to know if tubs feels that an individual should have the right to ignore rules extends to other risk mitigating rules such as drinking and driving. This is not a non sequitur or gaslighting. Nor is it a weak argument. Your jumping in and name calling and insinuation of me "knowing" is closer to the definition of gaslighting than my question of tubs
                          Name calling.

Wow.

As if further evidence was needed, you continue to undermine yourself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...