• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My local elevator

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Hope you saw the link so ya know im not bullshittting
    all girls running it , or just in pic ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      all girls running it , or just in pic ?
      Men would still be arguing which bunker to put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Men would still be arguing which bunker to put it in.
        They'd all be trying to "fix" the one conveyer that goes a little slower. Even though it's not broken, just slower. All while taking turns bullshitting with the guys dumping.

Meanwhile the girls would unload 17,375 of the tonnes and the guys would pat themselves on the back at a record well broken.

Comment

A guess id say 60% male 40% female.

Advantages of semi trailertheyjust in a dump.

Road train access on all our roads helps now 60.5 t pay load.

Will see if i can get my trucker tontake photos today

Auotomatic tare weight onnway out drive over full lengthvweigh bridge weighed computerized ticket mach8ne spits out weights at truck hieght they just open there windows grab weigh note gone gone, nonhold ups on way out.

By the time he hits the exit gate at site maybe 400 metres i have weights grade and if i chose daily cash price its all on my phone. I warehouse so i just getvweights and grade
          Last edited by malleefarmer; Dec 13, 2020, 14:36.

Comment

Hey blaithin dont take this sexist comment personally and notvreally my character.

Last year there a no bra day to raise money for breast cancer awareness, apparently the line up that day in morning was huge drooling trucker farmers, truckers asked to donate a few g9ld coins,nthey raised thousands

Comment

Oh PS the record day my guess was 7 am to 10 pm maybe 6am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                Hey blaithin dont take this sexist comment personally and notvreally my character.

Last year there a no bra day to raise money for breast cancer awareness, apparently the line up that day in morning was huge drooling trucker farmers, truckers asked to donate a few g9ld coins,nthey raised thousands
                Haha you aren't telling me anything I don't know Mallee.

I'm told it's much more fun to watch me grade canola and peas or shake for bugs than have the guys do it. Something about the side to side motion...

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                  Haha you aren't telling me anything I don't know Mallee.

I'm told it's much more fun to watch me grade canola and peas or shake for bugs than have the guys do it. Something about the side to side motion...
                  30 shakes 8 inches per stroke right! Farmers must watch to make sure you move sieve far enough and count the strokes it is their responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                    30 shakes 8 inches per stroke right! Farmers must watch to make sure you move sieve far enough and count the strokes it is their responsibility.
                    Mechanize it. ....to maintain Blaithin's dignity.

Comment

Put buggy wheat through a shaker to check for bugs?

I’ve never put peas in a shaker.... not sure that would go well.

Next time there’s a farmer watching I’ll ask if he’s counting how many shakes. I won’t ask if he’s sure I’m going 8”, that would be mean.

Comment

Put buggy wheat through a shaker to check for bugs?

I’ve never put peas in a shaker.... not sure that would go well.

Next time there’s a farmer watching I’ll ask if he’s counting how many shakes. I won’t ask if he’s sure I’m going 8”, that would be mean.
                        I thought I saw a mechanized shaker that held round hand sieves at a terminal one time. Use it to save everyone's dignity then!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          I thought I saw a mechanized shaker that held round hand sieves at a terminal one time. Use it to save everyone's dignity then!
                          Yeah, used them for malt before. Never put other stuff in it.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                            On a more serious note, you can't even get into the grading rooms because of Covid. Even previous to Covid, the delivery process has(or can have) the grain graded before the grower gets on the scale. Kinda hard to watch the process from the seat of your truck.

Comment

Go in and ask to see it. Even if they’re done they’ll have the sample they keep on hand and can show you what they seen. The streamlining of the terminals makes it seem uncomfortable for producers to go inside but they absolutely still can.

Each elevator will have different Covid precautions but if you’ve got a mask I don’t really think they can say no.

Comment

Go in and ask to see it. Even if they’re done they’ll have the sample they keep on hand and can show you what they seen. The streamlining of the terminals makes it seem uncomfortable for producers to go inside but they absolutely still can.

Each elevator will have different Covid precautions but if you’ve got a mask I don’t really think they can say no.
                                At the terminal I was hauling to last week,,, the doorway, from the driveway into the offices was blocked with shelving which was also holding a printer. When your load was dumped and the empty truck weighed, you opened the door to the printer and picked up your copy of the elevator receipt. Nobody is going inside,,, and that's the way I like. I don't want any of those workers getting sick from any of the hundreds of drivers any given week,,, because I don't want that terminal shutting down for two weeks !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...