• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall 2021 prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall 2021 prices

Off combine prices for barley at $5, and canola $11.50 sure sounding pretty good but I'm usually a big chicken to price this far out. What is everyone else thinking?

Have we set a new price level where those numbers will now seem low? Or with average yields will new crop hit the skid?

If the grain companies are aggressively buying this early does their forecast tell them something we dont know?

Covid has helped pricing, if the vaccine rollout helps will the built up stocks some countries have carry them over longer, or will they have no money left to bid on grains?

Exchange rate getting worse.

Inflation concerns?

Lots to consider.

History would suggest that this is only a short term cyclical bull market within a long term secular bear market in ag commodities. A lot of stars have to align to have such a deep cut in production worldwide again next year.

Comment

No easy answers. Lots of grain moving out today wondering how much will be left in may to july. I think the most diffficult part is where our dollar is going to go to or Usd .What about inflation with all the money printing. What I am doing now is sell grain now and buy inputs now to take some of that risk away. How bad has the flooding in China effected their crop production. What about all these make believe stocks of grain in China and elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
        Off combine prices for barley at $5, and canola $11.50 sure sounding pretty good but I'm usually a big chicken to price this far out. What is everyone else thinking?

Have we set a new price level where those numbers will now seem low? Or with average yields will new crop hit the skid?

If the grain companies are aggressively buying this early does their forecast tell them something we dont know?

Covid has helped pricing, if the vaccine rollout helps will the built up stocks some countries have carry them over longer, or will they have no money left to bid on grains?

Exchange rate getting worse.

Inflation concerns?

Lots to consider.
        These are barley boats already booked for China movement next fall . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
          At our expense.........

Hey GDR why not sell 20% of your expected production. If it’s the worst price you get in 21 so be it, historically still a good price for you guys?

Question not a statement.

If the world has a big year next year prices will tank.

If there are production issues prices may rise a little but not runaway on the topside.

Myself waiting for oil to move north and commodity’s to follow was hoping for $65 plus oil and grain to follow not happening yet

Covid rules the roost on everything at moment

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            At our expense.........

Hey GDR why not sell 20% of your expected production. If it’s the worst price you get in 21 so be it, historically still a good price for you guys?

Question not a statement.

If the world has a big year next year prices will tank.

If there are production issues prices may rise a little but not runaway on the topside.

Myself waiting for oil to move north and commodity’s to follow was hoping for $65 plus oil and grain to follow not happening yet

Covid rules the roost on everything at moment
            Agreed for sure and that's something I likely will do. Just a mental block to get around. Have only pre sold grain 3 times and everytime I wished I hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
              They booked the boats but they can't book the train to get the barley to the west coast????????

Comment

As Mallee says, I wonder if grain will get dragged along in a commodity boom if China is making a play to have more world influence.
                I see lumber is gapping higher again.
                Can anyone comment on commodities overall?

Comment

We really need sales reporting in this country. Futures drop and companies are still paying well above futures for grain.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheat-sales(full).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	770511

This is from US wheat associates.

Imagine if Canadian wheat sales needed to be reported wouldn't it be nice to see who is buuying our wheat in real time for what price.

China will get what they want for the price they want.

I am sorry if some on here feel offended by posts showing how the chinese manipulate the world.

Given that the 2 Michaels have been indicted in china and that our illustrious leader invited the chinese army for cold climate training against the advice of the armed forces, I think china is fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      They booked the boats but they can't book the train to get the barley to the west coast????????
                      You must live in the worst place on the prairies for rail service. Terminals here pounding it and industry wide shipping is record high.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        You must live in the worst place on the prairies for rail service. Terminals here pounding it and industry wide shipping is record high.
                        Ask the local manager if they have the trains or cars booked for September other than to say they might have the allotment ...maybe...

I understand grain is moving although the closest point seems to miss their trains too often with a 134 car spot....but it is a known fact elevators can not order their cars as they sign contracts...so if the graincos are ordering vessels for the west coast wouldn't it make sense to order the cars to move grain to the west coast as those contracts are signed with producers????
                        Last edited by bucket; Dec 10, 2020, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Our local with new loop track is supposedly pounding through a train a week, sometimes two.

CP mainline.

Comment

Currently have soil moisture for 10 bu canola. Should i lock that in a contract ? Looks kinda dry in the west half of North America.

Comment

I hope it rains in May

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...