• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiscal anchors???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiscal anchors???

Listening this morning ...can someone explain what are the fiscal anchors in Canada...

I am biased but I say exportable commodities would be a anchor....

Agriculture ....farmers...not the leeches grabbing 100s of millions to create nothing....

Oil and gas as an export commodity...

According to our finance minister, your savings account and any income you can muster with Ottawas boot on your neck is the fiscal anchor.

Bigger, robust export economy coordinated with a global recovery? Perish the thought. That would be too much logic for our idiots.

Comment

Anchors seems like a poor choice of words.
      Wouldn't "pillar" be better?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 6, 2020, 12:33.

Comment

Yes Freeland is now targeting your savings to tackle the debt/deficit. And who is surprised that is where we are now at. Total destruction of a country since Liberals took power. And now UNDRIP.

But yes, natural resources are/were Canada’s fiscal anchor. Don’t be fooled by tech or financial industries, those mean nothing and can go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Anchors seems like a poor choice of words.
          Wouldn't "pillar" be better?
          You beat me to it.
          Quebec, and liberal patronage are fiscal anchors.
          Oil, gas, ag, forestry etc are pillars.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            You beat me to it.
            Quebec, and liberal patronage are fiscal anchors.
            Oil, gas, ag, forestry etc are pillars.
            In this country...

If it moves, tax it.
            If it still moves, regulate it.
            And once it quits moving, subsidize it!

Comment

So according to the minister of too tight dresses if you have savings your rich. Stimulate the economy with said savings and create equal portions of poverty. Now thats a brilliant idea. What if things get worse before better?

Comment

Isn’t a fiscal anchor a limitation on deficit spending in relation to gross domestic product? This is something Chrystia Freeland does not want to commit to! They want to spend with with no limits.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...