• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More new Canadians support India''s farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More new Canadians support India''s farmers

Hundreds gather in Saskatoon to support protesting Indian farmers...

Is the headline on CTV Saskatoon. ..

Even Trudeau supports the India farm protests....

While Old Stock western Canadian farmers are kicked to the curb..

That's all I can say about that...

Deceived (by corrupt leftist eletist opposition) into protesting against your own ability to have marketing freedom. Yes trudeau would support that

Comment

Comment

Remember when there was a peaceful pipeline protest that went across the country...Trudeau couldn't be bothered ...the media was charged with the duty of trying to call it a yellow vest protest...

Trudeau hid somewhere during those peaceful protests....no comment

Why cant he keep his mouth shut now??????

Thanks for the clip thats is exactly what I was referencing.

Comment

BTW this is marketing because much like Freeland opening her mouth about Saudi Arabia and haven't sold wheat there since...

What is stopping India's Modi to halt pulse shipments????
          Last edited by bucket; Dec 6, 2020, 07:53.

Comment

You should support the protest also. From what I read I gather that Indias ag production will modernize and increase if the government carries through. I understand there is lots and lots of ag land in India that is underutilized. Cant be good for prices if they get their shit togeather.

But for sure our politicians should be keeping their comments to themselves. Their quest for moral superiority can have unintended consequences. But I bet if you polled Canadians they would overwhelmingly side with Trudeau.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
              You should support the protest also. From what I read I gather that Indias ag production will modernize and increase if the government carries through. I understand there is lots and lots of ag land in India that is underutilized. Cant be good for prices if they get their shit togeather.

But for sure our politicians should be keeping their comments to themselves. Their quest for moral superiority can have unintended consequences. But I bet if you polled Canadians they would overwhelmingly side with Trudeau.
              Maybe true , I won't argue the comments...but Trudeau has no business in India on these issues ...He should be worried about what's happening in Canada...

I would probably support foreign farmers if we were not so far behind every other country in the form of support domestically...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                BTW this is marketing because much like Freeland opening her mouth about Saudi Arabia and haven't sold wheat there since...

What is stopping India's Modi to halt pulse shipments????
                To add to this Trudeau is trying to gain Sikh voters in Vancouver and southern Ontario. PM Modi is a Hindu, Skippy and his Sikh Liberal MP’s will try to oppose Modi every chance they get.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post

or intended consequences in this case

Comment

These Indian farmers are protesting against the government winding down direct purchases from farmers and allowing private companies to buy direct from the producers, where have we heard that before? Here is a interesting side note, 20 years ago when I was working in Uganda their farmers were protesting to have the government start buying from them, so they didn't have to sell to private companies.

Bucket, you stated that we have been "kicked to the curb", I am not sure it is not as much that as it is an image problem. These farmers in India have come from hundreds of miles on little tractors and wagons, some have walked, probably even ox and cart. They are sleeping and eating on the side of the road. They are perceived as the poor downtrodden masses who are going to be taken advantaged of by the big companies.

So, say we as primary producers start protesting the government because of the lack of transparency in the grain buying and handling system. Which I, like you believe has cost farmers Billions of dollars in lost revenue. You could make an argument that we are at the mercy of the private companies, just like they are protesting in India. Farmers would come from hundreds of miles in their Denali HD's, their Longhorn's, their KingRanches, maybe even their new 620 Quadtrack pulling the 2000Bu grain cart. They would order pizza to the protest line, they might even stay in a hotel room. They will be perceived as pissy, moaning, whiney farmers.

Are our concerns over lost revenue any less important than those of our Indian counterparts? I don't believe they are but because of the public perception of, and I will quote Quick Dic Mic Dic "Those rich bastards." agriculture will never have any traction in this country with Joe Q public.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                      These Indian farmers are protesting against the government winding down direct purchases from farmers and allowing private companies to buy direct from the producers, where have we heard that before? Here is a interesting side note, 20 years ago when I was working in Uganda their farmers were protesting to have the government start buying from them, so they didn't have to sell to private companies.

Bucket, you stated that we have been "kicked to the curb", I am not sure it is not as much that as it is an image problem. These farmers in India have come from hundreds of miles on little tractors and wagons, some have walked, probably even ox and cart. They are sleeping and eating on the side of the road. They are perceived as the poor downtrodden masses who are going to be taken advantaged of by the big companies.

So, say we as primary producers start protesting the government because of the lack of transparency in the grain buying and handling system. Which I, like you believe has cost farmers Billions of dollars in lost revenue. You could make an argument that we are at the mercy of the private companies, just like they are protesting in India. Farmers would come from hundreds of miles in their Denali HD's, their Longhorn's, their KingRanches, maybe even their new 620 Quadtrack pulling the 2000Bu grain cart. They would order pizza to the protest line, they might even stay in a hotel room. They will be perceived as pissy, moaning, whiney farmers.

Are our concerns over lost revenue any less important than those of our Indian counterparts? I don't believe they are but because of the public perception of, and I will quote Quick Dic Mic Dic "Those rich bastards." agriculture will never have any traction in this country with Joe Q public.
                      I cant argue your logic and won't because it makes sense and you say it well...

The only problem is that Trudeau should keep his nose out of India's issues that could cost us market share...

And focus on how we can gain international markets instead of losing them with stupid comments from him or his minions...

Comment

I think if you look at farmers contribution to both the economy and the environment , would it not be fair to say that maybe supporting farmers here in Canada would be a good investment...

When you look at how they justify irrigation.....the same should be done for the average joe six pack farmer and rancher????

Prior to pandemic 1 in 8 jobs were ag related and think that ratio is more like 1 in 6 now....and farmers went and gave it their all last spring .....many industries didn't....

Comment

Something simple like providing better railway crossings across the country would be a great infrastructure program....warning lights at highways and better level crossings would be great.

Comment

But Bucket, there is no political hay to be made by helping grain, oilseed, and livestock producers in this country. Quite the opposite, if you as a politician are seen helping "Those Rich Bastards" you run the risk of loosing your core support. However if you are a pandering ,virtue signaling politician it makes perfect sense to stick your nose in and try and win more support with a segment of your population, especially when you have a minority government.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                              But Bucket, there is no political hay to be made by helping grain, oilseed, and livestock producers in this country. Quite the opposite, if you as a politician are seen helping "Those Rich Bastards" you run the risk of loosing your core support. However if you are a pandering ,virtue signaling politician it makes perfect sense to stick your nose in and try and win more support with a segment of your population, especially when you have a minority government.
                              I call politicians ...leave messages...never hear from them....unless robocalls count.

In the last election I was trying to get ahold of the saskparty candidate....nope.... but a Robocall from Scott(Homer)Moe came one night...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...