• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberals to spend $100B after posting record $381B deficit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herc View Post
    Problem is majority of people have no idea what a $400 Billion deficit means....

What does that work out to? 50% GST to balance the budget?
    Yup agreed ...

Comment

This insanity has to stop already. I can't believe that people are so stupid they don't understand the consequences of his actions.

Canada is now like Brazil and Argentina etc. Were Broke and done.

Venezuela of the north all thanks to a puppet put in by the liberal party. A shitty Actor. A **** UP.

Comment

Is that Gerry Ritz and his followers/masters in regards to farmer's benefit and importance to the economy in that picture above??????

Who cares who did what when and how
        Last edited by bucket; Dec 1, 2020, 07:56.

Comment

So this is basically just enough money to top up the insulation in every SFH in the country.

ha, some green shift that will be. UN will love it.

No money for the solar and wind scam. Guess thats the end of that farce. Even the govt isnt stupid enough to put a dime there.

I got news for you Trudeau you fogging idiot, I put r60 in my entire house, its energy star rated and it didnt change the gas bill a single cent.

Comment

"Who did we borrow these BILLIONS from? How when the planet is all borrowing? At what %? How in F*CK are we ever paying this back?"

No opinions?

And yes, houses shop furnaces HW heaters all done 30 years ago. Carbon tax screwing savings.
            Last edited by fjlip; Dec 1, 2020, 08:56.

Comment

Wonder if it would cover a gas fireplace?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                "Who did we borrow these BILLIONS from? How when the planet is all borrowing? At what %? How in F*CK are we ever paying this back?"

No opinions?

And yes, houses shop furnaces HW heaters all done 30 years ago. Carbon tax screwing savings.
                Don’t worry, the IMF has us covered

Comment

November the best month in the stock market since Jan/1987.

Canadian Banks alone all had an increase of appox 15% for the month of November. How can you go wrong with dividends of appox 5%

The Canadian dollar gained 2.7% against the USA dollar.

Anybody who is now buying USA dollars and betting on the Canadian dollar dropping miss that boat. If you didn't buy a tonne USA dollars back in 2011, you must have been hibernating. That was a buying opportunity that only comes up once in a life time.

Boy, was there ever money to made in November 2020.

Capitalism at it's best!! Join the ride everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    November the best month in the stock market since Jan/1987.!
                    2020 has been a banner yr to make equity gains, but there is a fortune to be made betting against trudeau.

Pro tip; No country with a debt to gdp over 100% thats not the US reserve currency or sheltered in the EU has held its AAA rating.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post

No opinions?

We didn't borrow it from anybody.
                      The govmint printed the bonds and sold them to the Bank of Canada. They print the money to buy them.
                      Don't ask me how that works.
                      Maybe one of our fine agriville finance advisors can explain it?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        We didn't borrow it from anybody.
                        The govmint printed the bonds and sold them to the Bank of Canada. They print the money to buy them.
                        Don't ask me how that works.
                        Maybe one of our fine agriville finance advisors can explain it?
                        That's basically how it works. The Bank of Canada purchases the bond and credits the Finance Department with the proceeds. Then they can start writing cheques. The central banks's asset is the Finance Department's liability.

I saw on BNN a couple of days ago that the B of C is now buying around 50% of all bonds. The commentators expect that this bond buying will now taper off, but that's laughable. The last thing our fiat currency needs is a boost in interest rates. The whole purpose of the bond exercise is to buy enough bonds to keep the rate of interest at an absurdly low level. If you taper it, interest rates rise and the overloaded debt machine will throw a piston.

This exercise in financial incest works as long as the mushrooming debt can still be serviced. That requires ever declining interest rates, eventually ones in negative territory. That creates many problems, however, such as populating the economy with money-losing, unproductive zombie companies. Pension funds that either rely on fixed income or are forced into purchasing it become unsustainable. I'm sure Freeland believes that the government can just borrow trillions more and plug all the financial holes as they pop up.

I think the end game is when the holes pop up faster than even a central bank can respond. If you're going to make it known that every bad investment decision will be bailed out, you will create an avalanche of people and institutions demanding bailouts. At that point, the central bank becomes insolvent and the currency implodes. Look to peripheral economies like Turkey, Venezuela and Zimbabwe for an idea of what happens at that point.

Comment

Reminds me ROB Peter to pay Paul or cut one end off the rug and sew onto the other to make it longer.

As I wondered, did any of this devils take MATH? Afraid for future generations.

Hopefully the authors of our collective demise can get a just reward...use your imagination of what I am thinking.

Comment

So how much of this deficit is caused by farmers taking the 40,000 loan that only needs 30,000 paid back? Or the Money that goes into agri invest accts. Yes im guilty of getting agri invest.

Comment

AE has only half the equation correct. Eventually the BoC will want that debt off its balance sheet when this is over. Then they have to sell those bonds to investors. 8 Million people in the country were too broke to make it 3 months without income so dont count on our countrymen snapping it up.

That would mean foreign investors, hedge funds and institutions. Would you buy Canadas debt? With an economic retard like Trudeau running it? Because I sure the hell wouldnt, not at these interest rates. I would need a premium to hold that risk and so will outside investors. That why interest rates will not hold.

Comment

Originally posted by katoe View Post
                                So how much of this deficit is caused by farmers taking the 40,000 loan that only needs 30,000 paid back? Or the Money that goes into agri invest accts. Yes im guilty of getting agri invest.
                                An irrigation farmer around Riverhurst , Outlook, or lucky Lake with 1000 acres of irrigation land is getting 40000 of direct payments every year for another 4 years...

food for thought....guaranteed crop.. 40 bucks an acre direct ...and agristability for dumping potatoes to the feedlots...

Thats where some of the deficit is coming from
                                Last edited by bucket; Dec 2, 2020, 06:32.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.