• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My quad thread got me thinking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnt View Post
    Why, yes. Yes, of course!

And that suspension - gave a bit of a rough ride at times.

The things we did.

Like flip the breather lid upside down, hold it down hard and listen to it go WAAAAAAHH"
    Are we still talking about the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      cant find my super man lunch box and thermos it was in the basement of the frm house.
      Had a Roy Roger’s chuck wagon lunch box when I started school. Wish I still had it but gone long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        I personally don't get it. All they ever were to me was wore out frustrating work trucks.

But then most people probably wouldn't understand my project either.

To each their own!!!
        I am currently rebuilding a 78 F-150 Ford. We bought it new so has been well looked after and not beat up or worn out. Still original end gate. This truck is definitely worth rebuilding. Farma how is your restoration? Are you able to find the parts needed?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          they called me night owl, you ?
          Sodbuster 2... and still have the red/green barn school lunch box, grade 1, 62 years ago.
          I pulled beer too, was $3.75 a dozen cold at the bar, for young guns like SF.
          Last edited by fjlip; Dec 6, 2020, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
            Had a Roy Roger’s chuck wagon lunch box when I started school. Wish I still had it but gone long time ago.
            Still got mine.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Now you have brought up painful memories.
                My grandmother made all of her grandkids a cabbage patch doll for Christmas one year. Bought the heads and build the rest of the doll , I'm sure it was a lot of work, And probably the only way to procure Cabbage Patch doll during the height of the fad, Let alone eight of them.

It was the most disappointing Christmas present I had ever got. And I felt so guilty about it knowing how much effort had gone into it. I tried really hard to find a way to appreciate it. It still weighs on my conscience even today.
                That's funny, I got one for Christmas too one year, and another year got a barbie, both times that's what I asked for because I had a big sister and wanted to he like her. Both presents were a big let down to me when reality set in that I got a doll. Was not money well spent by santa!

Comment

I like them old Chevys too. More than that I miss the regular cab trucks with bench seats when the girls would snuggle up and sit beside you, one leg on either side of the gear shift. Sure made cruising fun. Saw a young couple driving like that just this week and made me smile. Or even just piling in those regular cabs with 5 or 6 people and cruising around.
                  Did lots and lots of donuts, driving through parks, and sidewalks all the stuff you shouldnt do but never crashed.

You guys talking about cheap gas, when I started buying it was 39.9 cents, only difference that was per liter!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                    I like them old Chevys too. More than that I miss the regular cab trucks with bench seats when the girls would snuggle up and sit beside you, one leg on either side of the gear shift. Sure made cruising fun. Saw a young couple driving like that just this week and made me smile. Or even just piling in those regular cabs with 5 or 6 people and cruising around.
                    Did lots and lots of donuts, driving through parks, and sidewalks all the stuff you shouldnt do but never crashed.

You guys talking about cheap gas, when I started buying it was 39.9 cents, only difference that was per liter!
                    I remember we had 11 guys and gals in a half ton one night, went for a short drive but it was painful if I remember correctly, Justin would have enjoyed it . . .there may have been an accidental grope here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
                      I am currently rebuilding a 78 F-150 Ford. We bought it new so has been well looked after and not beat up or worn out. Still original end gate. This truck is definitely worth rebuilding. Farma how is your restoration? Are you able to find the parts needed?
                      Sloooooowwwwww. Bad when you're dealing with alot of other people. Hopefully be able to drive it sometime this summer or fall.
                      I have pretty much everything I need. But some nicer hubcaps would be nice to have. Anyone have a scrap 1937-1940 Buick in the back forty with some good hubcaps on or in the car? On Canadian cars they were supposedly the same for all those years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	81293989_2691104211116869_7403254897849663488_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	770499

Name:	81768401_2691104251116865_1788041210842054656_n.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	770500

Name:	81006285_2691104174450206_7506124286621384704_n.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	770501

Comment

Man, some twilight zone vibes comin here. So many common memories.
                        Jeez, I had forgotten about the year one Gramma gave every kid a black dolly. Wowza. 11 grandkids fairly close in age.
                        One cousin cried haha.
                        Old chevies, wish i was half the driver now i was then.
                        Still have a cassette to 8 track converter if anyone stuck. All tapes and LPs hit the bin during second LTR.
                        Reminds me, every class lost one or two to car wrecks. That's changed for the better i guess. Several girls never graduated or were married next year. Classes were double size then as now though.
                        Kids are still kids i guess tho.

Comment

Do you do you're own upholstery and interior work, that would be a stumbling block for most.

If you had to rebuild the engine, where do you get bearings, rings, head gasket, set of points, brake shoes, slave cylinder kits, brake drums etc. I know there's all kinds of new parts being made for the popular Vetts, Mustangs, Camaro rebuilders, but what about older Buicks or are there groups that are car specific on the internet that steer you in the right direction.

Comment

So, your Gramma was woke long before that was the fad.
                            Either that or else that was the last toy left on the shelf?

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                              I remember we had 11 guys and gals in a half ton one night, went for a short drive but it was painful if I remember correctly, Justin would have enjoyed it . . .there may have been an accidental grope here and there.
                              I was 16 in 1970.
                              Great time to be young.
                              If I wasn't old I would have missed it.
                              All my friends had mussel cars.
                              Chevells Chargers Mustangs etc.
                              Could have bought a nice 62 Vette for ???
                              I don't rember anyone with a pickup.
                              Dad never even lent them to you.
                              They were work only
                              Was in a few crowded cabs with you BFGF sitting on your knee.

Comment

Rumrocks, I've had that thing since 1986. Started the project then stopped.

You can still get some stuff but.... 34 years ago it seemed like there was more stuff but it was harder to find, now with the internet it seems like the stuff is easier to find but there is less of it. If that makes any sense. But some stuff was real hard to find.

Upholstery kit was bought at Hampton Coach. Got new tires from Coker Tire Tennessee, the ones I wanted would be coming from there anyway if I bought them in Canada so I ordered them direct, shipped to Plentywood and I went and picked them up.
                                Had to have a brake master cylinder resleeved because I couldn't find one....but somewhere someone probably has one a shelf that they dont even know what it's for.
                                I'm paying to have it finished, and that is real scary. But I am still involved, it wasnt just dumped on their doorstep and told to phone me when they're done. I have the connections for parts because of club memberships and knowing the specialty parts shops. Had some stuff done in the States too, that is scary expensive when exchange, brokerage, shippjng and some taxes are added, for Americans I would feel the price is reasonable without all the extras..... and then there's their attitude to contend with....they are a different breed. There's so much more to say, its been quite an adventure. Sometimes it sucks the life out of me.

But it's "my" turn..... time to spend some money on me instead of pouring every cent into the bottomless money pit I like to call the Ghetto.

Name:	IMG_20190409_220458_891.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	770502

This is how I found her.
                                Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 7, 2020, 06:15.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...