• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My quad thread got me thinking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    With all the posts reminiscing of past, we all forgot to mention the pleasure the outhouse provided us.

Was great on those minus 30 degree days!
    Yes lack of running water. Good one.
    Not the daily let the water run showers. Lol.

Comment

Most homes had honey pails in the basement with a jug of lysol at ready. 6 kids in the house meant the guy relegated to dragging it up the stairs and dumping it dreaded the task. Life was not easy back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        Man that is something I wish I had. I have a pile of silent 8mm films I need to digitize, thanks for the reminder.

Good thinking on making those recordings.
        yea , great my grandfather died at 109 in 67 , i was 8 , remember him well , we have nothing taped , just a few pics, too bad !

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Most homes had honey pails in the basement with a jug of lysol at ready. 6 kids in the house meant the guy relegated to dragging it up the stairs and dumping it dreaded the task. Life was not easy back then.
          You had a basement?

Comment

Man, the years are varied but I'm surprised how many memories common.
            Likely over 75% here.
            Must be a theory in there somewhere.

Comment

The outhouse you didn't piss around just went and got back in the house. Grandfathers house had that so when we stayed overnight that was the morning treat.

I was born in the year dad got running water power and build a new house on the farm and planted tons of trees. We had pictures but they also had a 8mm machine I think ill have to find those and get them transferred over.

I remember the first versatile harrow bar he got it was 60 ft and looked like a monster.

Eventually, after my sister was born we built a home in Town and actually moved the cattle to an uncle and fed his and ours for a few years. Closed the farmhouse for the winter one year never again. Because that was the time your truck broke down or you had problems and nowhere to go warm up.

But then for 6 months, you were a town kid with the key to the rink and hockey was almost every day of the week. Flip the lights on put the nets out and about 8 of us would skate and play. Insurance now wouldn't let you do that.

Interesting times. School cancelled take the Elan and Snowjet and head to the creek for the day. Yes, school was cancelled so why not.

Comment

Was the Versatile harrow bar the one that didn't fold up, and you pulled it by the end for transport? Must have had no fences, or huge gates to make that work?

Comment

Yes, the one you pulled from the end. I remember neighbours stopping in to see it. Similar when we got the first 54 ft I think cult. Big equipment hahaha.

Comment

our outhouse didn't have wifi , so was in and out quick
                    anyone remember what a "54" was?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      our outhouse didn't have wifi , so was in and out quick
                      anyone remember what a "54" was?
                      Wow, here I thought there was only a #1 and a #2 when it came to using an outhouse, you old fellows sure know how to complicate things!🤭

Comment

Sorry drifted off there from the outhouse
                        A “54” had nothing to do with it
                        It was a liquor rap
                        How much are they now ?

Comment

Here's another one that came to mind. Remember after a big snow storm the huge snow piles that were created after the tractor cleaned the yard. These huge snow piles were excellent to make tunnels through.

Then of coarse all the snow forts, king of the castle, and tobogganing these mountains of snow provided us.

After supper we would enjoy all this fun under the reflection off the white snow created by the yard light.

Never ending fun!!!

Comment

I remember a 60 got a few

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              I remember a 60 got a few
                              i'm older ,lol (tm.chuck)

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                                You had a basement?
                                Lugsury . . . . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...