• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost my best Friend the Family Pet tonight.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one has "her spot" in everything on the farm, and does she get bent out of shape when a 2 legged passenger takes her place. When not riding she is 2 steps behind no matter what.

Lots of good dogs but I think you only get one or two really good ones in a lifetime.

Comment

Bit of attitudes right here.

Back to fox hunter extraordinaries

Odd one out is jack russell keplie cross

Click image for larger version

Name:	1308D2D4-BFC0-4E61-BA7F-955B61B3BC5E.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	770456

Comment

We still have 4 killer Leg Horn roosters protecting our yard, pitiful, I know but cheap to keep. 🥴

Comment

There's a reason why they're called mans best friend, and that's why it hurts.

Comment

That was one of the toughest things I've had to deal with and I've had a lot of ugly.

The ironic thing is we realize losing a child would be one worst things to endure in life and we hope a dog should have no way of outliving ourselves, yet we still let the special ones become much like another child.

It helped to think of it this way. A dog's primary purpose in life is to provide companionship and affection. All it wants in return is the same.

It sounds like you provided the best life your friend could have hoped for.

Comment

I feel for ya Saskfarmer, we put our guy down a little over a month ago. He was almost 14. He was there to greet me every night when I got home.

There definitely is a hole in our life now without him.

Comment

SO SAD! Our pet got run over on the road 15years ago AND I ACTUALLY CRIED, we were just talking about her yesterday . I now have a ornament that we call TIMEX SHE IS OUR WATCH DOG HAHA

Comment

All dogs go to heaven.

Comment

Sorry to hear
                    Tough when it happens for sure
                    A good loyal dog is is a hard thing to replace and can be invaluable on a farm .

You’ve had a tough go this past month SF, good to see your at least on the mend now

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                      Bit of attitudes right here.

Back to fox hunter extraordinaries

Odd one out is jack russell keplie cross

[ATTACH]7129[/ATTACH]
                      That’s quite the herd Mallee. Is there room for the driver yet?😉

Comment

Us and the boys had 12 years with "Patch" Heeler Shepherd cross.

Always with you whenever any of us were outside.

I am sure he understood English. Just a word and he reacted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0163 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	770458
                        Last edited by fjlip; Nov 28, 2020, 11:53.

Comment

Thanks all it’s a rough day. Got my boys headed to the farm and we have pet row where all our farm dogs and our dogs go to rest.

Ground is froze a bit but we did what we needed to do.

It was a good day.

Again thanks for the well wishes.

Comment

Our son had a St. Bernard for 5-6 years while our grand-daughter was very young.This dog was clumsy and slobered like St. Bernard's do. He would lay in the middle of 48 highway. People would pick him up and take him to their homes, then call to have us come for him. A motorist took him all the way to Lumsden. One morning when he was about 6 years old, his hind legs just paralyzed. I thought our son was going to succumb to grief as he loaded him into the half-ton for his final trip to the vet. That was the end of Fritzy.
                            Last edited by sumdumguy; Nov 28, 2020, 23:09.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...