• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola shortage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    Wild Oats was 40% sold Aug 25. Any one subscribe? At what price?
    If prices before Aug 25th I‘m guessing $10-10.50 range???

Comment

West cent sask

Comment

Barley will be all gone.

Canola will be all gone by July.

We have a hiccup in NA next summer who knows. Oh right, Western Canada is bone dry.

Comment

How will statscan spin this????? If it doesnt rain early next year there will be some explaining to do by Statscan as there won't be the 2021 crop to fudge the numbers with...

Comment

Better buy your seed now!!!

Comment

If its gone statscan is out of the picture.
              Do you remember the market runup when there was no Flax.
              I don't remember the year but I watched it on an Apple 2E.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                West cent sask

G3 Plenty?

Comment

If the canola production matches what my own farm experienced, the production is some 15-20% down from most years. And carryout from 2019 was gone in June this year. That means it will be gone in April this yr. Guess the harvest from hell may pay some dividends yet.

Like I said guys will have to break rotation to make that up and as soon as that intent is signaled in the market, another crop will be the beneficiary. Cereals I suppose.

Comment

Makes you wonder who and how much was paid by china to spread misinformation about crop size these past couple of years once they knew that they were going to have to ramp up purchases this past summer. Maybe your marketing advisor was a recipient? Market reports from grain buyers no doubt are compromised but I don't pay for them so they can say what they want. Stats can has worked for them for free for years but they don't move the market since they have proven to be full of it for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

How will statscan spin this????? If it doesnt rain early next year there will be some explaining to do by Statscan as there won't be the 2021 crop to fudge the numbers with...
                      it will just quietly go away...........

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        If its gone statscan is out of the picture.
                        Do you remember the market runup when there was no Flax.
                        I don't remember the year but I watched it on an Apple 2E.
                        There isn’t anywhere near rhe flax they say either. And Russia has no crop.

Comment

Makes u wonder what Statscan has to gain by screwing with the numbers. It’s long been my belief that all parts of the industry has the policy of the lower the price of grain the better it is for everyone except us producers. This is the part that pisses me off where we are expected to pay today’s exorbitant prices for everything at 1970’s grain prices. Mortgaging your life for steel and inputs makes no sense and our own reporting agency is in on the scam.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...