• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masks working?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I used to do a lot of snowmobile riding I wore a balaclava or face mask to protect my face from freezing. If it is cold out especially if there is a flu bug or common cold around I dress warm with head covered and heavy uncomfortable cloths and boots on. If I am doing welding or grinding I wear protective equipment to protect myself and suggest others do the same. If there is a virus going around that is making people sick I am going to protect myself and others even if it is uncomfortable. Not a big deal If I don't want to wear it I will find other ways to get what I need until this is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      All I know is that if it affected everyone like it affected me, no one would wear masks.
      Try different masks?

Your giant biohazard type one you said is fine.

I don’t like 3M ones, they’re too stuffy. The surgical ones annoy my line of site. Cloth ones I don’t usually find bad but are warm.

For the most part it’s not like everyone has germ prevention grade masks on. They’re just to inhibit speaking moistly. So even if everyone just wore a face shield it would technically be accomplishing the task. While we have to wear masks at work nobody has said what quality or standard they have to be so I’m going with the most comfy. I’m not terribly worried about catching it there to begin with and if everyone else is wearing masks as well then who cares if some are thinner or lower quality or whatever.

Like you said, it’s more to make other people feel better. So go with the less effective but easier to wear type if and when you have to wear them.

Or try this type. It has arm holes for nose scratching!

Comment

Lol. Stop it!

I think I’ll just remain happy that I scarcely have to buy interact with others.

The question stands. Why isn’t the mandate working?

Comment

My guess: people are not staying far enough apart, they are not washing enough and they are not keeping their hands away from their face

Comment

Can’t work good if people don’t use the tool properly.

Be like saying why do people still die in car accidents when there’s seat belts and air bags.

Even though seat belts are mandatory, not everyone uses them and there are some circumstances where they can’t save the day anyway.

Our much hyped about Alberta Emergency Alert ended up being about indoor gatherings. They are completely off the table. Even if masks were mandatory in the cities, do you think people at indoor gatherings were all wearing masks? So Alberta, instead of saying wear masks and visit, said don’t wear masks and don’t visit.

Probably won’t work this way either Hah

Comment

Mask done work, social distancing doesnt work, lock downs dont work

And I got news for you, the vaccine wont work either. One of the companies released a study with a 94% efficacy rate, then they forgot a second study that had a 60% efficacy rate. Average 75% efficacy on a virus with a 95% recovery rate over 60 and 99% below age 60.

And they are now saying getting the vaccine feels the same as getting covid.

Some people really drank the pablum, agstarr especially.

Comment

I wore a mask for the first time last week due to the stupid mandate. I felt like I was going to die after the first ten minutes. I got a headache, and after removing it once done in the city, it took me until the next day to feel like I hade enough oxygen.

I may have to visit a doctor and see if I can get an exemption. Surely I am not the only person who feels nearly dead after wearing one for a bit? I’m 44 years old, healthy as a horse, but the restriction made me physically sick.

I'd say your not as healthy as that horse you are using as an example, a truly healthy person would never have a reaction such as yours just from wearing a mask for 10 minutes. How do doctors and nurses wear them all day and there's thousands of them in this country.

I worn N95 s or other mask my whole life on the farm, never had an issue as you described. Doubt very much that the mask is the real problem in your case. The mind is powerful, I'd say that's where the issue lies.

Comment

Dr.fauci said most died of bacterial lung infections from the Spanish flu. Mask wearers.

Comment

The Covid virus is way smaller than wildfire smoke, most masks won’t filter out the smoke, how is it going to stop Covid particles? And adjusting a wet or moist mask with your fingers are probably going to transfer more bacteria and virus onto your mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      Ontario News ..a older lady said.
                      Would that be Fauci's mother? She would be an authoratative source of info? "A older lady said". Haha let me get back on my chair. Just another trumpism

Comment

Ohh are we cherry picking which things Dr Fauci says to listen too?

Just a short biology lesson for you in case you don’t know, Partners.

Pneumonia is a symptom. It means inflammation in the lungs. A variety of factors can cause inflammation. Pneumonia will be a symptom of cases of Covid as well. A lot will be viral pneumonia.

In many cases, especially with viruses, immune systems are weakened and allow for a secondary infection to take root. Because much of my pathology knowledge links back to livestock - an example of this is BVD in cattle. Weakens immune systems and one of the first things that will take advantage of this is a bacterial infection in the lungs. Ergo a bacterial pneumonia. In humans HIV is a well known example. You know it lowers the immune system, when it gets to the point that it becomes AIDS there are certain AIDS defining illnesses. Like Pneumocystis pneumonia, which is actually fungal, not bacterial.

During a pandemic, especially one involving a respiratory virus and lung damage, it would only be expected to see a rise in secondary, bacterial infections as well. This would occur with, or without, mask use.

Saying there’s been an increase in bacterial pneumonia is completely irrelevant without knowing how it relates to individuals who’ve had Covid and individuals who wear masks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          Or try this type. It has arm holes for nose scratching!
                          All I care about is whether or not that contraption has been approved by the necessary bureaucratic bodies to finally allow me to patch up the glory hole in my bedroom wall? I take all these government safety recommendations VERY seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
                            Would that be Fauci's mother? She would be an authoratative source of info? "A older lady said". Haha let me get back on my chair. Just another trumpism
                            Ctv news.
                            At the protest.they talked to a group of people.
                            She was 70 plus in age.
                            Watch the news to see what other parts of the country are saying.
                            On your dish..
                            Open your narrow mind.

Comment

Maybe I should see my doc regarding this issue. I wore it for almost an hour straight, and the headache and the terrible feeling of weakness was really bad.

I'll save you a trip to the doctor and diagnose you through Agriville.

When you put the mask on your anti mask emotions boiled over into rage and you forgot to breathe, likely turned bright red, starved your brain and heart of oxygen. I hope you removed the mask soon enough that you dont have permanent brain damage.

I need to remind myself sometimes too but well meant advice is being mad at the world all the time takes the fun out of life.
                              Last edited by GDR; Nov 27, 2020, 08:15.

Comment

Just an update. Masks still aren’t working.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...