• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laughing at Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    Alberta Government
    @YourAlberta
    Alberta will not be participating in the national test of the emergency alerting system scheduled for 1:55pm today due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.

Hours before a preplanned test of the national emergency alerta system the Alberta announces it will not participate in the national emergency crisis Alert because of the ongoing Covid crisis in Alberta. Not much use having an emergency alert system if it is not able to be used in a crisis in Alberta even though it can be used in every other province during a crisis. Or is it a case where Kenney is just trying to show up Trudeau for his base?
    Wrong.

They used it and proved it is able to be used when required.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
      Wrong.

They used it and proved it is able to be used when required.
      They used the Alberta system this afternoon, not the national system. Alberta did not take part in the national test.

Comment

Blaithin, I am pleased to report that I am east of highway 22. At this latitude at least. Although I am also directly north of it when it jogs east next time.
        Not much of any grain farming west of hwy 22.
        My wife was describing a new acquaintance recently, a very colorful character, left over washed up hippy, I correctly surmised that he would be from west of town, as with all the other misfits.

Comment

They used the Alberta system this afternoon, not the national system. Alberta did not take part in the national test.
          So describe the difference to us.

The national system can give us alerts from the Feds while the provincial system only gives us from the Provincial gov? In which case, how would Kenny be able to say no. If there’s a national system and a provincial system then how can a provincial system override who gets what the national one says is an alert.

More than likely it was each provincial system that gave the same federal message. Alberta just gave its own message.

So they tested the system, they just used their message at their set time.

If there was a National Alert System with access to us, it would have access to us no matter what.

I don’t know why you’re still trying to talk your way out of this. You said in Alberta we wouldn’t get an alert. We got an alert. You’re focusing on the triviality of who was behind it. What’s it matter, when it was a test to see if it works.

Well it works.

Comment

Do we really have nothing more important to argue about than this?
            Life must be pretty good.

Comment

Is there an alert for arguing about something that really doesn’t need to be argued about?
              Just asking for the chicken.

Comment

I’m not at the computer so I don’t have easy access chicken photos to use as a thread stop.

Guess I need to take more with my phone!

I have this one though...

Comment

I’m not at the computer so I don’t have easy access chicken photos to use as a thread stop.

Hahaha that will do!

Comment

How about some facts for you to try to defend
                    1 there is a national emergency alert system that was to be tested across the country in all provinces and territories
                    2 less than 24. Before the test Alberta declares it is not going to take part
                    3. Then Alberta uses the system to alert people of the COVID emergency that it had already declared public ally by news conference 2 days earlier
                    4 if this announcement was so critical that the emergency alert system was needed why was it not done 2 days ago when emergency was declared
                    5. If it was not that important and only announced a fine as some here claim why was it necessary to preempt a test of a national system

Make all the excuses you want but this was simply a political Kennedy stunt pitting Alberta against Canada again

And he has every right to, for what Trudeau and his “thugs” did to Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      Do we really have nothing more important to argue about than this?
                      Life must be pretty good.
                      Well apparently it was important enough for you to waste your time commenting 4 times

Comment

The ultimate "chicken themed tread stopper"

Click image for larger version

Name:	****_block_4884bdc2-c929-483e-b728-24c0ae7545a8_530x@2x.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	770451

Comment

So describe the difference to us.
                          https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/mrgnc-mngmnt/mrgnc-prprdnss/ntnl-pblc-lrtng-sstm-en.aspx https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/mrgnc-mngmnt/mrgnc-prprdnss/ntnl-pblc-lrtng-sstm-en.aspx

The most important thing about the national emergency alert system is that it is a collaboration of all province and the national government.

This tread shows why Alberta is being laughed at. The province backs out of a planned national test hours before it happens and when twitter erupts over it, all of a sudden Alberta puts out its own emergency alert a few hours after the abandoned national test to announce an emergency it had declared 2 days earlier. And people are actually defending political stunt of Alberta thumbing its nose at a collaborative test and abusing the system with a dated message. There is no reason the Alberta message could not have gone out when the emergency was declared two days ago or for Alberta refusing to take part in the national test. It is childish at best and like it or not Alberta is being laughed at because of it. Think it is only me... check twitter!
                          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Nov 26, 2020, 21:28.

Comment

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/mrgnc-mngmnt/mrgnc-prprdnss/ntnl-pblc-lrtng-sstm-en.aspx https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/mrgnc-mngmnt/mrgnc-prprdnss/ntnl-pblc-lrtng-sstm-en.aspx

The most important thing about the national emergency alert system is that it is a collaboration of all province and the national government.

This tread shows why Alberta is being laughed at. The province backs out of a planned national test hours before it happens and when twitter erupts over it, all of a sudden Alberta puts out its own emergency alert a few hours after the abandoned national test to announce an emergency it had declared 2 days earlier. And people are actually defending political stunt of Alberta thumbing its nose at a collaborative test and abusing the system with a dated message. There is no reason the Alberta message could not have gone out when the emergency was declared two days ago or for Alberta refusing to take part in the national test. It is childish at best.
                            Ok the chicken accepts your motion of evidence as put forward and declares a recognition to some validity!
                            But asks can we move on!

Comment

I would suggest trying to find out the why before posting an assumption.
                              Don't put the Wee in Wienerville.

Comment

Blaithen schooled you enough for me to have to repeat what she said.

Ever heard the word narcissism?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...