• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$700/tone canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have been lied to for many yrs why prices were where they were.
    Who do you believe any more?

Comment

Alternative to canola would be Palm, soy, sunflower, ( and I’ll throw in corn).
      Canola is undervalued, why, so exporters and crushers (record crush margins ?) can increase profits.

At who’s expense?

Comment

Farmers are in one of the strangest positions when it comes to markets they deal with.

Input side and selling our production.

Since when should you put 100% faith in the information coming from the people who sell you inputs or buys your production? Whose best interest is being taken care of?

You are both a purchaser and a seller with not alot of control over prices of either side of the transaction that affects you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
          Alternative to canola would be Palm, soy, sunflower, ( and I’ll throw in corn).
          Canola is undervalued, why, so exporters and crushers (record crush margins ?) can increase profits.

At who’s expense?
          Yes, alternative products, but I meant alternatives that haven't experienced similar price appreciation. They all seem to be following the same trajectory.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Farmers are in one of the strangest positions when it comes to markets they deal with.

Input side and selling our production.

Since when should you put 100% faith in the information coming from the people who sell you inputs or buys your production? Whose best interest is being taken care of?

You are both a purchaser and a seller with not alot of control over prices of either side of the transaction that affects you.
            Worse is when you can only get delivery if you buy the inputs from them....and yet the old saying goes...dont sell to them...Thats right drive another hour to deliver grain...

Comment

A local buyer at a line co (winnipeg families), told me that one time as well, buy his inputs, or no grain contracts. I wonder how well that is working out for them now with all the new competition around them who dont sell inputs (viterra, G3 Bunge). Plus their bids always the worst. I prefer to buy my inputs from independent retailers, much better service.

Comment

I have land within two miles of the retailer some across the road...why would I drive 45 miles for inputs....

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  A local buyer at a line co (winnipeg families), told me that one time as well, buy his inputs, or no grain contracts. I wonder how well that is working out for them now with all the new competition around them who dont sell inputs (viterra, G3 Bunge). Plus their bids always the worst. I prefer to buy my inputs from independent retailers, much better service.
                  us too
                  but i do price
                  RP sure good here , have never felt pressure to buy , but do buy some chem/fert from them

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...